Christian Weddings

Weekly Recaps!

It's that time again! Share five things that summarize or highlight your week. They can be events, thoughts, saga, wedding related, non wedding related, etc.
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Weekly Recaps!

• 1. Ryan is really close to having a job!!!!!! He had an interview last Thursday. They stood him up and he waited three hours. When he left he told them that they'd have to interview him on his terms if they wanted to, and that meant a phone interview. I thought that would be it, but they gave him the phone interview on Friday. He was told he'd basically gotten it, but he'd find out how much they were offering on Monday. He's gotten several job offers but none of them had been enough to live on, so I didn't get my hopes up.

On Monday he got the offer... and it is sooo close but not quite enough. He didn't talk to them at all on Tuesday because he was feeling ill from allergies, but today he negotiated with them. The first person he talkd to sadi too bad, they won't raise it at all and they got off the phone... a few hours later he got called back by another person in the HR department asking him what he wanted... tomorrow he's got an appointment to go in and negotiate a raised offer. We're so close to what we need that if it goes up at all, it'll probably be enough. Prayers appreciated!

2. I got to hang out with my friend Emily. She's a friend of mine from college who is local. We never really see each other but this week she came to my Bible Study on Friday night and I went to her young adult service at her church on Sunday night.

3. I finished the first milestone in my Hindi study! I've been using software Ryan found for me free online and I finished like the first segment of the first segment of beginning Hindi. So not exactly advanced yet... but I did it! And it only took a week. So if I consistantly knock them out this fast, maybe I'l have beginning Hindi under my belt when I move and immersion can do the rest?

4. I got a Klout score of 44. One of the publishers I work with for book reviewing is about to change the way you qualify for getting access to review copies by basing it on a Klout score. I'd never heard of Klout, but it hooks up to your social networks and gives a numerical score for how much influence you have online. So I signed up for Klout this week. The book publishers are reorganizing the review copies in three tiers, and if you have above 30 you're in the second one... and maybe I can get above 50 and get in the top tier before this new reorganization launches? That'd be cool.

5. I had my monthly conversation with friend & bridesmaid Jennifer. She's in Kansas so we never see each other so starting in December I think we began setting up phone dates in the third week of each month. We love it. A month is long enough there's plenty to talk about, but short enough we never feel like we're losing touch or missing out (and there's no rule against calling more if there's a huge deal going on).  We had a great conversation about homeschooling (we both want to homeschool when we're moms), her boyfriend, and my wedding.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Mine are mostly all wedding related. But hey, that's my life right now.

1. Had a bit of breakdown as I realized that the wedding is less than 2 months away and I still have so much to do!!!!!!!!

2. Picked up FI's suit from the taylor. Pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when he tried it on! All I could think was, "Whoa! What a stud! Lucky me!"

3. Found pillars. I've been looking high and low for pillars to use in my reception decor. I was getting afraid I was going to have to spend a lot of money and go to a lot of hassel to get what I wanted. Then my mom was talking to the wife of one of the deacons and she said that there were some pillars up in the church attic! They sound like just what I'm looking for, so I'm going over to take a look at them tonight! I'm pumped!

4. Heard some encouraging words. I've been worrying that maybe I'm doing things too simply, but on Tuesay I was talking with a friend's mom, who has 5 married children, and she said that she's glad I'm having a simple wedding. She says that more people need to go simple so that others see that it's ok not to have an elaborate wedding if you don't want to. I also had my grandma (the queen of ettiquette and propriety) tell me that she thought my invitations were lovely. 

5. Unpacked my summer clothes! I'm the kind of person who keeps my summer clothes in my cloest as long as possible in the fall and unpacks them as early as possible in the spring. I love love LOVE summer clothes! I HATE being bundled and smothered in layers of cumbersome, bulky clothes all winter! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    1.  Saw The Hunger Games!  Loved it!  Not as violent as I thought it'd be.  I think they did a great job sticking with the book.

2.  Read Girl in Translation.  Pretty good.  I checked it out from the library for me nook.

3.  We won second place at trivia last night!  Go us!

4.  I've been watching the last season of Gilmore Girls.  I missed a lot of episodes because that was my senior year in undergrad too, so I was pretty busy.

5.  Therapy wasn't quite as rough this week. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Had 12 hours of wedding meetings last Thursday. Everything went wrong. I mean EVERYTHING. I had only one breakdown so that's good! 

2. This week is my last week at my current job, starting the new one Sunday! 

3. Spent some time in CO with my parents which was SO nice! 

4. Joined a gym! I'm 3/3 on working out this week. Hoping to do 6 days a week consistently.
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • 1.  Saw the Hunger Games and LOVED IT!  I'm a huge fan of the books, so I couldn't wait for the movie.

2.  Stuck to my workout plan (5 days a week) but splurged a little on my diet last night.  I'm trying soooo hard to lose weight, but cannot get over this plateau!  I am probably going to the doctor soon to get some phentermine.  That always jump starts me when I hit a plateau.

3.  Getting geared up for a new read in my book club.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • 1. DH and I are having a date night and seeing Hunger Games tonight!

2. I'm getting good better and better at playing Oblivion. It's my first experience with RPG (plus I don't play video games much to begin with), and I'm feeling more comfortable every time I play. :)

3. It's Spring Break! Our doctors have kids on break, so they've closed the office for the week. That means time off for me. I'm enjoying having time to rest.

4. My family came and visited last week, so I'm getting the house put back together after having house guests.

5. Maybe I'll finally cut my hair this week. It's been way too long. :P

• 1. I had my bridal portraits this past weekend. I can not wait to get the proofs back. My photographers are amazing and made me feel like a model. I can't wait to get all dolled up again for the big day!
    2. FI's best man came home from his deployment from Afghanistan. I can't wait to give him a big welcome home hug.
    3. I have been reading The Help and can not put it down. It is an amazing book and I highly recommend it. It's hard to believe people used to be treated that way.
    4. I have slowly started packing up things at my apartment. Spring break is in a couple weeks and I want to start moving some things to FI's house so we don't have so much to move after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. My schedule has been different every day this week and I cant remember what day it is etc.

2. I got to see FI for about an hour last night and I will see him 2night , 2morrow and the weekend ! This is abnormal ... :)

3. I thought I was in big trouble at work and was freaking out , but on the way to work I played the Newsboys and Audio A like the good stuff from when I was in high school and still those songs really help me out when I need it and kinda get me in a prayer/woship mode on the way to work . It was such a blessing

4. I have a test on Saturday to try to get into Nursing School. I have the practice book and I took soo long to get through the practice /sample questions I did not even get to the full practice tests yet and I'm not sure when I will have time between now and Saturday for that and I'm rather upset with myself.

5. I have the weekend off starting 3pm on Friday , FI is taking my son Fri - Sat so I can go to my test and he is taking him to a coal mine tour . Sunday is obviously Palm Sunday, I work next week [ :( ] So this is my "Easter" ...
    Love is All You Need
  • 1. Decided on getting airbrush makeup for both my mom and I!

2. Had a much needed convo with FI. I love that we can always bounce back from whatever comes our way!

3. My least favorite class was cancelled on Tuesday! Woohoo!!

4. I'm going to hire a personal trainer. Time to get my butt back in shape!

5. Finished a great book!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 1.  This is my last week at my current job!  Not quite sure what I'm going to do once I move to PA after the wedding (in 2 weeks! Eek!) But I know I'll find something.

2.  FI drove out to NJ this weekend.  It was so nice to not have to drive out there. 

3.  We went to church with my family and I was able to see a guy who has been in the hospital since before Christmas.  It was so nice to see him out and about!

4.  Really starting to freak out about everything that needs to get done in the next 2 weeks.  So much to do for the wedding, plus packing and moving stuff, plus looking for a job...

5.  Was able to Skype with my BM who lives in Charlotte.  We were able to catch up and it was so great!
  • 1. Sucessfully defended my PHD!

2. Thinking about lots of wedding details now, only a little over 2 weeks to go!

3. Packing up my apartment, and it's looking empty now that we've started moving non-essential furniture out. 

4. Going to my parents this weekend for shower #2 :D

5. Realized that this Monday is my last Bible study (since I'll be moving an hour away).  That was a sad realization, I'll miss the people I've grown close to over the past year or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards