Not Engaged Yet

need help with new meatless meals

H and I are trying to make one meatless meal each week.  so far, they are all pasta or soup recipes.  I need some more variety.  I've been searching on Pinterest and around the web, but I'd love to know some of your favorites.  links would be great, or if you just have a recipe to share, I'd love it.  TIA!

a couple of my favorite meatless meals:

Pomodoro - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-pomodoro/
I like to add mushrooms and white beans to up the protein so my H doesn't get hungry again in 10 minutes.

Minestrone - no pancetta added

Refigerator/Pantry Vegetable Soup - whatever fresh/canned/frozen veggies I have available, with a couple cans of drained beans (usually kidney), in a broth.

Grilled Cheese and Avocado with Tomato soup - H doesn't like tomato soup :(

any other/more interesting recipes to share?

Re: need help with new meatless meals

• is anyone else's posts totally screwed up?  I can't view anything inside a post!
  • Yes....It's probably because of the stupid new palladium background.

Have you checked out these vegan blogs?
    http://www.veganblogs.com/
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Buy a spaghetti sqaush, cut in half, scoop out insides, lay it down in a cake pan pour about inch of water in bottom cook on 400 for approx 35-40 mins.

In a sauce pan heat up two table spoons butter with two tablespoons garlic, melt butter, add in one tablespoon of flour to thicken mixture slowly mix in one cup of skim milk (or whatever you use). Once that thickens a little add in 1/4 cup low fat or fat free cream cheese, melt that, add in 1/4 cup grated (i use shredded) parmesan cheese and stir til it melts. Add salt and pepper to flavor.

I then steam fresh veggies to top it all off!

• no curry.  :(  neither one of us can stand it.

I'll have to try the spaghetti squash, thanks Stina!
  • I have the tendency to eat a lot of rice! You could make a rice recipie :)
  • My absolute favorite thing ever is black bean and corn quesadillas. Just use a can of black beans, frozen or canned corn and then add whatever else you want to it. Cumin is a good seasoning in it. We usually have advocado, cilantro and a couple lime wedges with it. You can put in green chilies, roasted bell pepper or whatever your heart desires.

You might make something with potatoes. I know there was a link a long time ago to like 365 potatoe recipes or something like that and some of those were vegaterian.

I'm trying two recipes this week, but they both have orzo or some other small pasta in them, so its not much help for you getting away from it. You can add chickpeas to a lot of things which will make it more filling.
  • I forgot about quesadillas.  I could definitely do that.  in the summer, I like to make veggie quesadillas with fresh tomato, jalapenos, cilantro, corn, beans, mushrooms, avocado, onion...  YUM.  thanks for the reminder.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_need-new-meatless-meals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b7d07eb5-b5bb-4b36-899a-7fcdd59c2a97Post:8af2643a-9fde-4bbc-9e7a-23013ab2c629">Re: need help with new meatless meals</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you like Thai food? I love making yellow curry with veggies and tofu. However, Mo hates the smell so I don't do it when he's home.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I'd love this recipe!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Not to self promote but check out my blog and follow it i post at least one new and pretty easy vegetarian recipe a week.  The link is in my siggy. There has to be at least 20 or so recipes on there since I began blogging.

I also love looking at foogawker.com they have some great and easy recipes from their vegan and vegetarian sections.  Feel free to PM with any questions or for more recipes too!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards