Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Wedding Recap and Vendor Review - the BEST of 5-12-12

Hey girls! Hope this helps you! Our wedding day absolutely exceeded our expectations, and I think that was 90% due to the fact that we lucked out with the most talented, detail-oriented, and caring wedding vendors. I hope you take our advice, because these people rocked! Check out the photographer's link and videographer's link to see images...

Venue: The Edgeworth Club. Sewickley, PA
http://www.edgeworthclub.com/
This is actually a private club, so many people do not consider it for a wedding venue. It is the perfect mix of elegance and class, while still catering to a young, party atmosphere. It is an old stone building, with elegant archways, unique flooring, and a large ballroom. The seating they offer consists of chiavari chairs! The food here was absolutely OUTSTANDING. Our guests were raving. On top of that, the coordinator at the club, Jason Ciccone, has impeccable attention to detail, and took care of every last detail we might have forgotten. He did everything and more that we asked of him. He is not always easy to get a hold of during the planning process, as he works part time, but he pulled the event together effortlessly. The pricing here is pretty reasonable for the area, and we were able to have what may have looked like a very expensive wedding, for a more average budget.

DJ: Eric Schiemer
This guy was awesome! Our wedding was not huge, so we were worried about getting people out on the floor, but he certainly did his job. He is for the couple that loves music, and is not looking for the typical 'western PA dj'. He boasts a completely interactive website, allowing you to customize every detail of your wedding, and organize everything in one place. Again, his pricing was really reasonable and customizable. He was a joy to work with, and made sure we were up to date and on the same page with all wedding details. Also, he took a TON of his own pictures, and even gave us a CD of images :) He offers extras like floor lighting monograms (so worth it!) and is willing to stay as late as you would like, at no extra charge. He is a DJ first, not a wedding 'personality' that will try to take over your reception!
http://schiemerentertainment.com/wpblog/2012/05/edgeworth_club_dj/

Photographer: Jenni Grace
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3143375105098.2127153.1286588618&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3143375105098.2127153.1286588618&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.2766553244787.2119633.1286588618&type=3

This girl was my splurge (for our budget, at least) but still very reasonable. She was willing to negotiate on price a little bit, and our e pics blew me away. Definitely loved the wedding photos as well, and she even put together a fb slideshow for us. She offered a 2nd photographer (her hubby!). Did I mention she did all of this with a newborn at home? Mad props, girl.

Videgrapher: Megan @ Pictory Productions
Best. Wedding. Decision. Ever. I was not planning to have a videographer, due to budget constraints. However, when someone recommended Megan, and sent me the link to her page, I just had to check it out. She specializes in story-telling, not just setting up a camcorder in the back of your church, and walking away. She is ridiculously affordable, and worth EVERY PENNY. She caught moments I didn't even remember, and I felt like I hardly saw her (very sneaky!). She was the first vendor to arrive, and the last to leave, and she is as sweet and thorough as can be. Our wedding trailer will be an absolute treasured keepsake.
http://pictoryproductions.com/2012/05/24/stephanie-jonathan/

Glam Squad
I had two separate groups of professionals come to our house the morning of for beauty prep. I had SO MUCH fun getting ready with my girls and families, and it was very relaxing to not have to worry about running back and forth to salons, etc. These girls were amazing, creative, talented, etc... the list goes on. I definitely recommend this!
Makeup: Julie Marckisotto of Pittsburgh Makeup. Absolute miracle worker. Proof? This pic...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3143375105098.2127153.1286588618&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=10150894490822427&set=a.10150714564642427.420985.557107426&type=1&theater
Hair: Shari Tuminello @ Tease Salon. SO much fun, and really creative. She will not give you the typical 'prom' wedding hair. Everyone's hair held all night!

Re: Wedding Recap and Vendor Review - the BEST of 5-12-12

• Options
    oh my gosh this is such a beautiful wedding, congratulations!! You and your wedding party look so great :) You've also totally talked me into getting a videographer after seeing that video! Best of luck to you and your new hubby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SOOOOOO glad to hear another glowing review of Megan.  She's been nothing but a joy to correspond with so far; I can't wait to meet her! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kush_01kush_01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We decided to book megan last week for our wedding June 30th based off of MD's review- and my FI's last minute revelation that he wanted it taped. I am super excited to meet her as well and can't wait to add this to the post-wedding memories. Hopefully she gets a lot of business from all these recommendations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats everything looks great. Love to see the video :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everything looked fantastic!!!!  The video was great, I'm sorry to say the pictures link wasn't working, I'll check back often. 
    One question, for anyone who knows, what was the shoe thing that was going on there?  Is that a tradition or possibly a family hthing of some kind? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Your wedding was gorgeous, Congrats! :) I fell in love with the Edgeworth club from your pictures and video, that is the type of venue is what I was looking for but didn't know that place existed so I contacted to see if they had my date available :)

• Options
    Congratulations on your wedding! Do you know if you need to be a member at the Edgeworth Club to have a reception there? I tried to contact the coordinator, but I haven't heard back from him (and it has been a few weeks).
  • Options
    Sorry, girls, I don't check this often, so I'm just now seeing the questions!
    1) You do not need to be a member :) I think there are some financial benefits if you are a member, or if you have a member 'sponsor' you, but they are not too far off. I cannot stress enough how amazing the food was. My family are gourmet foodies, and everyone raved. I have honestly NEVER had a meal as good as what we had at our wedding, and the staff could not have been more wonderful.

2) As far as getting in touch with Jason, it is difficult. He only works part time, and is constantly busy. As I said, that was the only 'down side' the the venue,  but he went above and beyond and I wouldn't have changed anything the day-of... so don't let that scare you away.

3) The shoe game is a new wedding tradition some couples are doing, in lieu of the garter/bouquet thing. Basically, the DJ plays some fun music, with couple sitting back to back on the dance floor. The bride holds one of her own shoes, and one of her hubby's, and the groom does the same. The DJ proceeds to ask questions such as "who takes out the trash?" "who is the bigger flirt" "who planted the first kiss", etc. It is really humorous to see where the couples agree, and even more so, where they disagree! it is all in good fun, and our dj was great about keeping it light and silly, and family-appropriate. it is a nice way to include guests, let people know a little bit more about you, and at this point, it isn't something that everyone is used to seeing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards