Snarky Brides

Hot dip?

Does anyone have any amazing recipes for hot spinach dip? I dont care where its from, as long as youve tried it and its awesome.

Alternately, if you have any other hot dips, please post.

Re: Hot dip?

• I do Nebb!

One box of spinach, thawed and drained
    One can of Rotel (pick your heat!) drained
    One bar of cream cheese, softened
    1 and 1/2 cup co-jack cheese, shredded
    Optional - one can of artichokes, drained

Mix it all up, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Stays hot in a crock pot.  TO DIE.
    panther
  • I'm drooling just reading this. I love spinach dip.
    Photobucket
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    This is supposed to be the restaurant's dip that I love.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Serves: 12

2 cloves garlic - minced
    2 Tbls. minced onion
    1/4 cup real butter
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups heavy cream
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. hot sauce
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 cup sour cream
    (2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry through a fine sieve
    12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese

In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.

Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling. Once boiling, stir in Romano, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.Sprinkle cheddar evenly over top(s). At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired. Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping and sour cream and salsa.

ETA: I will only eat spinach dip with toasted pita bread, but that's just personal preference.
  • oh damn, I thought you were paging me.
  • the only hot dip I make is 1can Hormel, or other brand, chili with beans; 1/2 block of Velvita cut into 1/2in cubes; melt and mix. Iit's basic, but yummy.
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We dont have rotel here (is that cheesE?). I ask this every time but I keep forgetting because we dont have it here.
  • edited November 2010
    You don't have Rotel?!  SAD!  I would cry.

It's basically canned tomatoes with chilis, and they make mild, medium or HOT.  There are other brands of tomatoes/chilis, but Rotel is the best.

eta - http://www.couponing101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/rotel.jpg
    panther
  • I've never used Rotel but I have used El Pato (if they have it near you)  it like a spicy tomato sauce. It's exactly like regular tomato sauce but spicy.

• I LOVE hot spinach and artichoke dip. Here's my recipe( from allrecipes that I've made a gozillion times)

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
    (note--you can use the blend of these cheeses--it's easier)
    1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
    2. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
    3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
  • my VP made this for treat day last week. It was awesome...
    Hot Broccoli Dip
    1 cup broccoli chopped
    ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    ½ cup sour cream
    2 tbsp chopped red pepper
    1 clove garlic
    3 tbsp chopped onion
    1/8 tsp pepper
    ½ cup mayonnaise (do not substitute Miracle Whip)
    Mix all ingredients and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes in glass baking dish. The amount for treat day was 3 times this recipe. Serve with crackers, nacho chips, bread.  Great topping for baked potatoes as well.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I love this dip:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-spinach-artichoke-dip-91439.aspx

I use frozen artichokes instead of canned, and I use a little heavy cream or half/half or really whatever milk product I have on hand instead of mayo because I don't like mayo.  With the mayo it's a little thicker than I usually like dip to be, so the milk product helps there too.

Edited for clarity
  • You guys are making me hungry!  I'm filing these away.  My friend has a to die for dip that I will post if she sends me the recipe.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hot-dip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491a7ef9-dadd-45ea-b21a-e466821a87fdPost:c8ad0a89-6182-4851-a674-aeaa7cf53d63">Re: Hot dip?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buffalo Chicken Dip 2 cups shredded chicken breast 2 blocks cream cheese 8 oz Franks Red Hot Sauce 1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing shredded cheddar cheese Mix chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and dressing together.  Put in baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. We use Fritos scoops or Tostitos with it.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE THAT DIP. It is so good...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>This isn't a hot dip but it is good:</div><div>
    </div><div>I have no amounts for this. I do it to taste/random, as I do most of my cooking...</div><div>
    </div><div>Cream Cheese - 2 blocks, maybe 3? Mix in some brown sugar. Not too much, don't want it too sweet. Layer this on the bottom of a large dish, not too thick, less than 1cm deep. ('healthier' option - low fat (not non-fat) cream cheese/splenda brown sugar mix)</div><div>Caramel - I buy the stuff at the grocery store that is near the produce section. 1 or two containers depending on how big my dish is, layer on top of  the cream cheese/brown sugar mix.</div><div>Scor Bits - Sprinkle on top</div><div>Optional: Mini White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips...</div><div>Green Granny Smith Apples - Lots, cut into eighths.</div><div>
    </div><div>Dip the apples into the layered mix...mmm...</div>
  • I was going to share one, but it's basically the one Rho had. SO GOOD.
  • wow get out of my brain. i've been having food fantasies about buffalo chicken dip allllll day. i had buffalo strips for dinner, not at all what i wanted.

i made a sweet onion and artichoke dip for thanksgiving:
    slice half a sweet onion and mince about 2 cloves of garlic. saute in about 3-4 T of butter, season with salt and pepper. thrown that in the food processor with a jar of artichokes (drained and roughly chopped) and swirly whirl with mayo until well blended. taste, adjust seasonings (more salt/more pepper/maybe a little parsley). sprinkle in some cheese (whatever i happen to have, parm or some kind of "italian blend" is good). sprinkle more cheese and breadcrumbs on top. bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and yummy looking. PERFECT on ritz crackers, ok with stacy's pita chips.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards