Canada-Ontario
Options

Plus Size MOB Dresses for Destination Wedding?

You guessed it.. having a hard time finding this for FMIL for a May, Destination wedding in Jamaica. 

Any bridal boutique only seems to sell lavish chiffon and silk gowns, which are clearly out of the question for the beach in 35 degree celcius weather/humidity. We've exhausted that search. Not to mention, looking for a size 22-24. Needless to say everyone's getting super frustrated. 

Not to mention, FMIL is super picky in what she wants, we've tried looking at jersey type mateiral bridesmaid dresses but they're just not working out. 

Tried Laura Plus, tried Addition Elle, tried Davids Bridal, no luck.

Anybody have any suggestions? Short of hiring a seamstress to make something?

Re: Plus Size MOB Dresses for Destination Wedding?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll have a tough time finding a summer dress in this season!  Most summer-type dresses will come out starting in March. 

Also, if you go to J.Crew in the states (I think there are some soon to be popping up in Canada too), they have a lot of selection in a more summer-appropriate fabric like cotton and jersey-knit.  They have a wedding line as well, and you can order online.
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out a store called Voluptous, or something like that.  I've seen it at some malls but not all.  Not sure of the spelling - they carry plus size clothing only.

What about separates - top and skirt?  Or something like that?  Or what about having something made for her?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids is plus sized and very tall and we're probably getting Henkaa dresses - they're super comfortable, great for a summery look and flatter most every figure. There are a couple stores carrying them in Toronto, but the only one I know of that stocks the larger sizes regulary is Gown and Glory in Mississauga (which I highly recommend - Angela there is amazing). If you google the name you'll get their website.

It's a convertible dress, so you can style them to whatever you like! I'm actually thinking of getting one for my rehearsal dinner :)
  • Options
    melanniejanemelanniejane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoppers Emporium and Bridal in Fenelon Falls

They have plus size dresses and she will also make you something if you need to go that route at VERY amazing prices!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards