Wedding Etiquette Forum

s/o of I judge you when...

124»

Re: s/o of I judge you when...

• Aw, such little love for pink weddings in this post! ;-)
  • I judge you if you do boudoir shots and show them off to people on the internet.  I'm sorry, it's totally trashy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:d7c363f4-4b2f-4238-b85e-606c47d7ec1c">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: s/o of I judge you when... : Obviously you have never been on the recieving end of feeling like crap, sitting at a table where you know no one. Yeah I am sure the person in the bridal party is fine, and I am sure I would be fine at a table all alone by myself. However, for some one who is shy, like my H, it would be torture. I judge people who don't want their guests to be completely comfortable.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Good thing the SOs of my wedding party all know each other, so they will all be completely comfortable! I have certainly been on the other end and I am shy, too if I don't know anyone. It was difficult (I wouldn't say it feels like crap...), but I survived and knew I would. Sorry for offending you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:2df2fe04-554d-40ae-af9c-31e8b2cc8413">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait. Why do you judge sweetheart tables? So it's in BAD taste to allow your bridal party to sit with their friends and s/o? Damn. I sucked then.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that judging meant I thought it was in bad taste. I thought it just meant forming an opinion. Sorry, I don't like them, just like you don't like head tables.
  • Head tables are awful and hypocritical to boot.

I love how the BP is supposed to be honored guests, but all the regular guests get to actually sit with their SOs.

Yes. let's celebrate the joining of 2 people by separating their "honored guests" from their own SOs. There's absolutely nothing  rude about that <----------sarcasm font (JIC)

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I didn't know that judging meant I thought it was in bad taste.

Really?
  • OK!! I run away wih my tail between my legs!! But look up the definition of judge and it says nothing about "bad taste". Sorry to ruffle everyone's feathers so much. I've heard from lots of others that they rather enjoyed their head table. I guess to each their own, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:c0a97905-9939-4a2f-9c82-80befe43dfee">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait. So those of you who judge if you have to stand during a wedding ceremony, is that if you have to stand during the whole thing? Or if you have to stand at any point in time during the ceremony. If it is the latter, than I seriously judge you for judging people's religious convictions, as many Catholic and Episcopal ceremonies have the "aerobic Mass" aspect to them (stand up, sit down, kneel, stand, repeat as necessary."
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Mine was in reference to standing during the entire ceremony because of poor planning and not enough chairs. I would never be upset with standing if it were part of the ceremony. That's just silly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:e6776498-d431-4423-ab93-d45d8fcc70cf">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess to each their own, right?
    Posted by Backpackers[/QUOTE]

Exactly. :)
  • Backpackers, you get a pat on the head today too! ::patpat::
  • i judge you when you are too large for that there strapless dress.
  • I judge when your wedding costs more than my yearly salary (I bet you at least...5 people in this post have exceeded it or are planning on it).

I judge when people spend more on their dress than the catering (especially if its really sh*tty food).

*looks down at her Tigger sig* Disney HM = awesome week
  • I judge potluck weddings.  Especially when the dishes are not planned, and people are just told to "bring something to share".  That turns into lots of cookies, bars, and cheese and cracker trays.  No real food to absorb the alcohol.

I also judge the couple that shows up hours into their own reception, because they either had to hit up every bar within 3 towns or they couldn't figure out how to be on time for a reception 2 months after a JOP wedding.
  • I judge people who judge mothers breastfeeding at a wedding. I've never seen a breastfeeding mother who hasn't been discrete about feeding their infant, and I wonder where you'd expect your nursing friends to go to feed their child if they are attending your wedding, other than at the table they're seated?

I also judge bridal tables that split the bridal party from their s/o.

And, on the topic of bridal parties, I judge brides who have their  GM's retrieve garters with their teeth from the BM's legs.
  • I judge cash bars.   I can't help it, I have rich friends and poor friends.  They all have managed to have open bars, so I just do not understand those who can't find a way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I judge you if you plan your wedding waaaaay too early.  Including ordering and printing your invites before you have a final guest list (i.e. one that your family can live with, if they're involved in that part).

I judge you if you make your BMs buy their dress >6 mos. before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards