Snarky Brides

I had a crappy day...lets talk pets

Today sucked.  My cousin, who is getting married 2 weeks before me and bought the same dress as me (but in champagne) told me at her bridal shower today that the order got messed up and now her dress will be ivory as well.  Spectacular.  I talked to my BM and close friend since 6th grade after she no-showed at my bridal shower last saturday after RSVPing, I texted her the day of and didn't hear back until today: she was planning on coming, but then got her period that morning and just wasn't feeling up to it.  Then, I found out my older sister can't come to my B party.  I didn't expect everything to go smoothly, but it seems like there's always something, and all the stress I've been dealing with by myself about the wedding and moving into our new house just kinda came out like word vomit and I ended up bawling to my FI about it. 

So, lets talk about our pets, it makes me happy.  Specifically knicknames for your pets, and add pictures!  FI and I were talking recently about how we hardly ever call our pets by their real names, so here goes...

Ella: Ms.Butt, butt-butt, big butt, big fatty, mamas, Ms.L

Louie: boo, boo boo, booze, bubbas, Mr. Lou, big man, peanut, stinky face, big baby, Lou Magoo

Re: I had a crappy day...lets talk pets

• Autumn - also known as Puppy (although she's 6 1/2) and Pee Queen due to her incontinence.
  • Sadie: Doodles, Dood, Franken-doodle, Doodie, Sadie Mae, Sades, Trash dog (she gets in the trash a lot).
    imageVacation
  • LOL I love pee queen and franken-doodle!
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm sorry you had a crappy day.

We are planning to adopt again soon.  This is my sweet Guinness, who I miss dearly.  He had a bunch of nicknames including Buddy, Precious, Mama's Boy, Stinky, Gee.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Edie, I love the look of surprise!  She's a cutie.

• We have 4 cats.  Mostly they go by their names; Isis, Tiki, Lovebug and Cuddlebug (sister littermates).  We do call the younger ones The Bugs.  Cuddle is a little schizo so she get's the "crazy" nickname a lot. 
  • Boo for crappy day!  yay for pets!

We have socks  aka  Jonathan Sockariah Finklestein, uncle Socks and Finker

and Lilly  aka  Lillikins, Killer Liller and Pipsqueak

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Our pets are in my sig.

Moose is Moosey, Mooseyface, Mr. Moo Moo, and inappropriately - Mussolini

Rumbles is Rummy, Rumblekins, Rumblecakes, Rumbleface and often Bitchface.
  • The only thing I love more than talking about my wedding is showing pictures of my puppy :)

Sorry, I don't know how to make this smaller...but this is my Oti.  We call him Pal, pal-iyo, Oti-o's, oats, the good oats, the good boy, and Dumb...my mom has his brother and when the two of them are together they are Dumb & Dumber, but her dog gets to be Dumber for sure :)  Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Here is Lucy, aka Caboose, Lucy Caboosey, Fluffy Butt, and Baby Girl.  She sits on my hip exactly like a baby would and she loves it.  

Here she is when she was still a little puppy with my parents dog, Riley.  Ignore her very unladylike pose:

And sadly he's not my pet, but here is my friend Wally the baby alligator from the Everglades in FL:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-had-a-crappy-daylets-talk-pets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:78766963-a9fd-478a-ac2d-cb409bf65ba3Post:5220f7b3-c353-4f59-85cb-2ac707b3261e">Re: I had a crappy day...lets talk pets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here is Lucy, aka Caboose, Lucy Caboosey, Fluffy Butt, and Baby Girl.  She sits on my hip exactly like a baby would and she loves it.   Here she is when she was still a little puppy with my parents dog, Riley.  Ignore her very unladylike pose: And sadly he's not my pet, but here is my friend Wally the baby alligator from the Everglades in FL:
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Awww, we had snauzers growing up.  best dogs ever-waiting to fence the yard to get one of our own
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loopy, is Autumn a swissy? I LOVE swissies.

Rufus also goes by schmog, rog, houndis, schmogest, ruf, pen dog.

• edited April 2012
    This is Lucy

Aka: Lucy Lou, Lucy Goose, Boofy, Boofer (sometimes she makes this "boof" noise instead of barking), Boofy Boo, Puppy Girl, Gitchy Girl, Goofy Girl, and also Shithead
    panther
  • I'm sorry to hear about your bad day! I hate when all the seemingly little things add up and make you feel overwhelmed. I always end up feeling silly in the end even though I'm jusitifed in being upset!

Anyway, presenting....

Tucker: Tuck and Roll, T-Kitty, Top Cat, Sweet Potato, Furry Butt and Ginger Cat
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a pic of my Maggie Moo because I am on my work computer planning my wedding instead of working =D But I have an adorable black lab/pit mix with a white spotted belly. Her real name is Maggie Moo but we also call her....Mags, Moo Moo, Mooster, Maggie Monster, Brat, Monster, and Ninja Theif (she goes over to the neighbors and steals her dogs toys)

• This is Koko, we call him koko puff, koko bum, muffin, monkey, koko bear,koki and kokster. Pets always make my day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is my cat (technically he's my sister's cat but mine ran away a few years ago).  His name is Thomas.  We call him, Tom or Tomtom.

Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

•  

Vala aka lazy butt, puppy, Frito feet, etc
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I love all of these!  Had another friend call and say she can't make it to my shower that she RSVP'd for last week, so I'm glad this thread is still alive and well.  I'll add to it, but it's my mom's cat, Siam. He is EVIL.  You can't walk past him without him attacking your feet (not playfully, he's out for blood).  He goes by swee, swee-butt, the russian spy, sheriff swee....and his registered name "Sir Siam Of Caesar".sheesh.

I'll add some funny names that I've encountered over the years working with animals:

A chihuahua named Big Poop
    2 kittens named Hiss and Spit (because that is what they called each other, according to their owner)
    Sexy
    Sir Meows a Lot
    T-Rex Racecar (the couples' little boy named the new puppy)
    B.D (brain dead)
  • I have a couple of pets and I love hearing everyone's nicknames! 

This is Sammy, also Sammy Jay (his full name,) Sammy J, Samuel, Samuel L. Catson, Fatty, Floofy Butt, Chunker, Chunky, chunky Monkey, Lumpy, Pumpkin butt, Mama's boy, Baby, Big Boy, The Creamsicle Comet. He's really not that big, only about 11.5 to 12 pounds but sooooo much bigger than our other cat, lol.)
    This is Henry, also Henry Pussycat (his full name,) Henry P, Sir Henry, Tiny boy, Papa's boy, Heinrich, Sir Henrington the Third, Baby Henry, Little man, Herny (he's only 7.5 pounds full grown, hence all the "little"names.)
    And yes, they both have harnesses and leashes for outside- we're the people who "walk" our cats. 

Then there's Polyester, also Emo Bunny and Old Man (he's six.)

And Fang, also Old Man (he's fourteen or fifteen) and Uncle Fang. Sammy loves him and will sleep on his tank or squeak at him through the glass.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards