Registry and Gift Forum

Bed, Bath, & Beyond discontinued my comforter set!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I went in to update my registry today because someone told me our bed set was listed as out of stock. I called BBB's customer care - they told me it is out of stock and discontinued. I am so mad they never even notified me! Poor customer service.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bed, Bath, & Beyond discontinued my comforter set!

• Most places won't notify you when items get discontinued.  It's pretty common.  The only thing you can do is find another set you like.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This happened to us too, which stank because I couldn't find another one with a similar pattern. We ended up finding one at Macy's, and they're better about telling you when things are going to be discontinued.
  • This happend to us too, and we ended up just picking another set.  We did receive two of the throw pillows that went with the set for a shower (someone purchased before I was able to delete the set), but luckily BBB has a great return policy and we were able to return them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bed-bath-beyond-discontinued-my-comforter-set?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c4e96274-7a7d-442f-aeef-07085bb89066Post:f44393df-7c35-485c-b960-dcd13cb19a49">Bed, Bath, & Beyond discontinued my comforter set!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so mad they never even notified me! Poor customer service.
    Posted by maribeth721[/QUOTE]

So, BBB should call or email every single person who has that item registered?  Otherwise it's poor customer service?  Whatever happened to being on top of your stuff?  Check your regsitry.  See how things are going.  Make sure things are available or replace them. 
  • They don't need to call every person but they can easily send out an automated email to any of the registries that have it on there.  many other stores do this but currently Bed, Bath and Beyond does not.  i wish they did as well.  it happened to me with our dishes and just saw today that it happened with our bathroom set-mat, tissue holder, shower curtain, soap dispenser..etc.. it does suck because i can't find another one that matches our bathroom that i like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you ever bought a comforter set at BB&B before?   I would say they probably change out styles about every 3-4 months.  We registered for a brand new set they started carrying at Christmas, and by the time we went to complete our registry in early April it was being discontinued.  This is pretty common their.  Comforter sets are practically a "seasonal" item for them.   

I would recommend you remove the comforter from your registry NOW before anyone buys part of the set.  Then wait until a few weeks before your wedding to select another.  OR just use money you get for your wedding to buy whatever you like that they have at the time.  
    DSC_9275
  • [QUOTE]OR just use money you get for your wedding to buy whatever you like that they have at the time.  
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

This is what I would do. I have noticed that BB&B changes out their comfortors pretty regularly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is weird. Our towel sets were discontinued (exactly a week after registering) and we got an email. Just pick another or like PPs suggested use money you may get to choose what you like either there or elsewhere. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bed-bath-beyond-discontinued-my-comforter-set?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c4e96274-7a7d-442f-aeef-07085bb89066Post:13cd5917-a174-443e-a4b9-36775f11187f">Re: Bed, Bath, & Beyond discontinued my comforter set!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Have you ever bought a comforter set at BB&B before?   I would say they probably change out styles about every 3-4 months.  We registered for a brand new set they started carrying at Christmas, and by the time we went to complete our registry in early April it was being discontinued.  This is pretty common their.  Comforter sets are practically a "seasonal" item for them</strong>.    I would recommend you remove the comforter from your registry NOW before anyone buys part of the set.  Then wait until a few weeks before your wedding to select another.  OR just use money you get for your wedding to buy whatever you like that they have at the time.  
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>They change constantly!  That's why FI and I registered for our duvet/shams through Pottery Barn.  We didn't want to fall in love with something and have it get discontinued.  That being said, we ended up getting the duvet for Christmas (about 2 months after we registered for it) and we got a couple Pottery Barn gift cards, so I bought the shams just in case they were going to discontinue them.  Both items are still around though.
    <div>
    </div><div>

</div></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bed-bath-beyond-discontinued-my-comforter-set?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c4e96274-7a7d-442f-aeef-07085bb89066Post:8e798455-eafe-4bac-af41-2f2a35331f62">Re: Bed, Bath, & Beyond discontinued my comforter set!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>They don't need to call every person but they can easily send out an automated email to any of the registries that have it on there.  many other stores do this but currently Bed, Bath and Beyond does not</strong>.  i wish they did as well.  it happened to me with our dishes and just saw today that it happened with our bathroom set-mat, tissue holder, shower curtain, soap dispenser..etc.. it does suck because i can't find another one that matches our bathroom that i like.
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

Thank you. This is my point exactly. And to the prevoius posters I DO check my registry - how else would I have figured out this had been discontinued?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When FI and I went to register (both at BBB & Macy*s) they told us to wait until 3-4 months out before registering for bedding because it changes often. I figure we'll reigster for ours next month for our October wedding.

But boht BBB & Macy*s have emailed me when items are being discontinued online. I don't know about things that might only be available in store though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's super weird because I actually JUST got an email from BB&B telling me that an item on my registry is going to be discontinued.  Apparently they don't send emails for everything? Or maybe check to make sure you have the correct email address in your account and/or that /the email didn't go to spam. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards