Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: My anniversary present (PIP)

So this isn't the surprise that I posted about before (that's not happening until our little party, but BF is now saying 'I don't know what you're talking about.' Grr).

Here is my gift:

Green gummy bear earrings, which actually has a story behind it. Before we were dating, we went to the movies a lot as friends. He was interested in me, but I wasn't feeling it. I mentioned that I loved gummi bears, but especially the green ones. So he used to buy a huge bag and pick out all the green ones. I thought it was so sweet and it helped seal the deal :D

Re: AW: My anniversary present (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    AWWWW!!!! That is one of the best things I have ever seen/heard! What are they made of? Glass? Plastic?

They remind me of this great website I browse on that does a lot of food-inspired jewelry =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AWWW How cute.. I'm also wondering if they're "real" or not.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww! So cute!

Kat would love these!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a very similar story with an ex of mine.  I said the same exact thing, except with red ones, and he did the exact same thing.

He turned out to be a douchebag though.

/debbiedowner
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-anniversary-present-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:574bc524-b286-4175-a22f-b00831b90b3bPost:364f1af1-0532-4b71-ab42-2c26d6ede6a1">Re: AW: My anniversary present (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually have a very similar story with an ex of mine.  I said the same exact thing, except with red ones, and he did the exact same thing. He turned out to be a douchebag though. /debbiedowner
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

<div>Way to bring down the mood of the thread! GAWD! =P</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww, cute story and fun earrings! 

Narwhal, way to ruin her moment... you hoar! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is pure adorableness and brightens my day. Thanks for sharing. :)

And, I hope there IS another good surprise tonight. Otherwise all that BSC wondering if it was a ring will have gone to waste. :)

ETA: Not that I'm encouraging you to hope for a ring. I just meant I hope you get a surprise that makes all the wondering well worth it.  Sorry, that was poorly worded. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the orange and FI will...eat them if I don't get to them first.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BF does that with Starbursts!  It's definitely a cute thing!

And Narwhal, your "/debbiedowner" made me crack up.  If you're gonna bust on someone's high, at least you make us all laugh!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    fontassidyfontassidy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, so cute!! I love this.

Also love all the PP's who said their BF's are so effing sweet and save them their fav color of candy, because mine definitely will wrestle me for the last strawberry runt/pink mento/green & yellow gummy worm, etc. etc. </3

Narwhal: hilarious! Must mean mine's a keeper?? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Thanks everyone. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a douchebag Foot in mouth

And Desert, the surprise in question isn't happening for a few weeks. I'm not getting my hopes up for a ring (only slightly).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super cute gift and story!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw those are cute!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, GPB, the suspense...!

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love all gummy bear flavors, but I always bite the heads off first.  I doubt those would make cute earings though. LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is such a cute story, and what a sweet and meaningful gift! Now every time you look at your cute earrings, they'll make you smile :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession:  Sometimes I feel weird about eating animal-shaped foods. (I'm a vegetarian.)

• Options
    Bec20Bec20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are so cute.  I love the story behind them too, that's adorable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-anniversary-present-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:574bc524-b286-4175-a22f-b00831b90b3bPost:66ec133f-b93b-4049-ad82-97c186370e55">Re: AW: My anniversary present (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:  Sometimes I feel weird about eating animal-shaped foods. (I'm a vegetarian.)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't like to eat the heads on animal-shaped foods first...I usually bite of the other side first (always eat the goldfish tails before their cute little smiles)

Adorable earrings...it's nice when our men remember something like that.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Those are so cute :D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He also bought me awesome peanut butter ices :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww... those are so cute! Love 'em!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    I don't feel bad about eating animal shaped foods.  Infact when I eat gummi bears I usually bite the head off one and the butt off another...then I mush the two colors together to make a SUPER GUMMI BEAR!!!!

muahahahahahaha

Murried Bio
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are so cute! But they also make me want gummy bears really badly, but I can never find any I'm able to eat (since they won't specify what kind of gelatin they use).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-anniversary-present-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:574bc524-b286-4175-a22f-b00831b90b3bPost:a45cd632-08fb-4947-8503-2a84301de9fb">Re: AW: My anniversary present (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: My anniversary present (PIP) : <strong> I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't like to eat the heads on animal-shaped foods first...I usually bite of the other side first (always eat the goldfish tails before their cute little smiles) </strong>Adorable earrings...it's nice when our men remember something like that.
    Posted by AngieD&JoeD[/QUOTE]

Dude that's just torture. At least biting the heads off of them puts them out of their misery.

Personally, I like to stretch them out until their bellies are super thin and the flop over when you try to sit them up.

Oh the little joys...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards