California-Inland Empire

reception music

hi everyone!
I was just wondering..
What kind of music did/are you playing at your reception? I love all different types, and I want to have a good mix of stuff. Im trying to create a must play and do not play list for the DJ. Would it be strange to throw some country into a mix? Personally, I love country music, and I dont think its weird to have some songs mixed in with like Top 40 stuff, but thats just me. Thoughts, opinions?? 
Thanks!
:)

Re: reception music

• edited December 2011
    I had a country song thrown into my reception.  I am not a huge fam of country but I liked this particular song so i used it.  I had a mix.  Spanish, old stuff, new stuff, etc. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • futuremegpfuturemegp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a huge country fan so we're using country songs for some of the slower songs and then have some country songs that you can actually dance to as well. I say go for it!

-Meghann Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! We're using a country song as our first dance, and Im using another one for my father/daughter dance. Im for sure going to throw some other country in the mix. thank you thank you!
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love r&b so that will be most of what is played
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding had a vintage vibe so all of our music was from the 20's-50's but I have been to alot of weddings where they mix everything including country and its great. That way all the guest get to hear something they like. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards