• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Groomsmen Gifts?

My FI is having the hardest time with this.  He keeps asking me for help, but I just keep coming up with old standards: flask, cuff links, etc. 

He wants something more unique.  Are any of your guys doing something different?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Groomsmen Gifts?

• I'm not totally sure what FI is getting his guys, but I know it won't be traditional.
    Basically, he will be shopping for them like its their birthdays. Thats exactly what I am doing with my girls gifts too.

That might help to approach it that way. Good luck!
  • We're doing cufflinks from Etsy, but we got each guy something that pertains to them (one guy has typewriter keys in his initials because he's a writer while another has an Italian flag that flew in Italy because he's Italian).  He's also going to take them to lunch on wedding day to get wings or something.  We're not giving a whole lot of gifts because we're feeding everyone that's in the wedding basically the entire weekend long. 
  • I think FI is just going to get each GM and his BM their own bottle of liquor (whatever each one likes).  They arent the type of guys to ever use the "typical" GM gifts so he wants to get them something he knows will get used/drank.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are doing monogrammed beer mugs, a 6 pack of their favorite beer, and a utility knife with all the fun gadgets.
    200 Celebrating with us image
    >
    December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Days until I become Mrs. C
  • I think FI is going to do Adam Corolla's new book..signed and autographed. He is also toying around with a beer basket for each guy because 4 out of 6 of them brew their own beer and love trying them all from around the world.
  • For his Best Man (His Brother) who played Baseball in High School and in College, he got him a personalized baseball bat (It looks AMAZING!!!)

For one Groomsman, (My Brother) who loves to play guitar, he got him a sterling silver personalized guitar pick from an etsy seller (We cannot wait to give this to him!)

For the other two Groomsman (His Fraternity Brothers) Beer mugs.. LOL What else!! :) HTH hun!

Everyday is a miracle. Anniversary
  • FI is having each groomsman a personalized bobble head made. It's not difficult to do... you just send in certain pictures of the person and then they make them lol.

In addition he is going to get them all something else that's unique to the person.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Mine is doing charging stations, you know to plug in your phone, camera, ipod, etc. He got one for being a BM and loves it.

He's also gotten watches and personalized jerseys- that's what we're getting his BM.

He wanted to do the same style baseball cap for each groomsman's college team of choice, because it would take an awesome photo, but one kid doesn't like ANY college team. So that didn't work.

GL.
  • Well we only have a BM, so it was easy for FI  to order a nice watch and have it engraved.

ps - as a surprise to the guys, I'm having custom dog tags made for each of the guys at the bachelor party made as favors.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/rumf5d.jpg[/IMG]

No matter where I roam, I'll always be a California Girl at heart!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2010-weddings_groomsmen-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:597Discussion:959122e0-3c5d-4a07-b5ff-65e61a84e916Post:fd89b30b-2f76-4895-af83-f98998af34f7">Re: Groomsmen Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is doing charging stations, you know to plug in your phone, camera, ipod, etc. He got one for being a BM and loves it. He's also gotten watches and personalized jerseys- that's what we're getting his BM. He wanted to do the same style baseball cap for each groomsman's college team of choice, because it would take an awesome photo, but one kid doesn't like ANY college team. So that didn't work. GL.
    Posted by JandAWeddingWed128913[/QUOTE]

<strong>FI LOVED THIS IDEA! CHARGING STATIONS IT IS!</strong>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • misslol that looks a lot like the pocket watch I got FI for his gift, the only difference is his opens from both sides so on the one side you can see all the mechanics when it opens. I love pocket watches they are amazing.

200 Celebrating with us image
    >
    December 2010 Siggy Challange 11/15-11/21: engagement ring. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Days until I become Mrs. C
  • We're doing 1-liter whiskey barrels. They are $35 and $5 for personalization. It actually ages the liquor because it is made out of white oak and is charred on the inside. We are getting each groomsman their own barrel with their initials on it and a bottle of liquor for them to age. Here is the company we are using. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards