Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invites and etiquitte

Do we need to send invitations to our parents and those in our bridal party?  Obviously we know that they'll be there...! 

Re: Invites and etiquitte

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2009
    I did not send one to my parents because they were the hosts.  but I did send them to my WP and my MIL.

edit: my mom actually sent out the invites from her home  It would have been a little silly.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I would. Especially if you need them to RSVP with their menu choice before the wedding.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Your parents will probably want one as a keepsake...  Well, your moms will at least ;)
  • Options
    We sent invites to everyone, including our parents.  Like ExPat said, some parents like them for keepsakes.  I've also received invitations when I've been a BM.
  • Options
    We did. Our parents' invites were the first ones sent simply to test how long it would take to get through the mail and what they'd look like upon arrival.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Yes.  I would.  For all of the reasons mentioned above.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    We sent invites to each of our parents and the bridal party. Even though they are in the wedding sometimes people need a reminder of when and where things are to plan their time in advance.
  • Options
    thanks everyone!
  • Options
    We did. I was a bridesmaid once in a wedding where the bride ran out of invitations, so I didn't get one in the mail or otherwise. I understood of course and wouldn't expect her to order more just for me, but honestly I was kind of really sad. I wanted to keep one :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards