Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVPs for a DW

How early should I ask for the RSVP cards for a destination wedding. We are saving a block of hotel rooms but the hotel wants to release them about 6 weeks before the wedding. Is it OK for me to ask for the RSVPs this early? Thanks!

Re: RSVPs for a DW

• I would try to get the hotel to not release those blocks that early because although it's destination wedding plans can still change 6 weeks out. I had people decide right before the RSVP date two come and my date was about 2 weeks before the wedding.
  • You could always put a note on your RSVP or another enclosure outlining the hotel removing the room block 6 weeks before the wedding.  This way guests know and can book as soon as they know they are able to make it.  I would think that your guests are already aware its a DW and to expect the costs associated with it.  As PP suggested, I would also try to have the hotel extend the room block deadline if possible.
  • I wouldn't make your RSVP deadline that early, but I would let your guests know when the hotel block expires.  If they decide to come after the hotel block is released, then it's up to them to find the best pricing. 
    Anniversary
  • kmilon01kmilon01 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    You know your guest better then us, are they prone to procrastination? I'm having a DW and made my RSVP date earlier because there are certain deadlines associated with a DW that aren't necessarily there for at home weddings. My RSVP date has passed and I'm currently running behind family and friends for their RSVP.  But i knew my guest, they can't do anything on time. I'm currently not stressed though because I gave myself a buffer between my RSVP date and the true deadline I have to submit my information to the resort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards