Registry and Gift Forum

Honeymoon Registry-Jamaica

Has anyone used the honeymoon regisry for Couples Resort-Jamaica? I was wondering if it is worth doing along with choosing 1 or 2 stores

Re: Honeymoon Registry-Jamaica

• HM registries are pretty frowned upon here.  I would skip it, and stick with the 2 stores.  If you want money for your HM just make a small registry at 1 store and when people ask where you are registerd answer with "We have a small registry at <store>, but really we are saving for a kickass honeymoon!"
    Anniversary
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_honeymoon-registry-jamaica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:1a1bcc5b-3501-4397-8586-12a4384b5bb7Post:9025a64c-7a40-4cfc-ab07-d7efe56ff533">Re: Honeymoon Registry-Jamaica</a>:
    [QUOTE]HM registries are pretty frowned upon here.  I would skip it, and stick with the 2 stores.  If you want money for your HM just make a small registry at 1 store and when people ask where you are registerd answer with "We have a small registry at <store />, but really we are saving for a kickass honeymoon!"
    Posted by shortee426[/QUOTE]

this. Skip the HM registry and have at least a small store registry. at least.
  • Personally, I am not a fan of honeymoon registries, so I vote for doing the stores. It is likely that some people will bring cash as a gift on the day of the wedding, and you can use that as extra spending $$ on your honeymoon, without having to register for it. 
  • ANOTHER thread on honeymoon registry! how FUN

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    I love how the HM sticky has turned into a sticky for opening BANK ACCOUNTS and suggesting HM Registries.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_honeymoon-registry-jamaica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:1a1bcc5b-3501-4397-8586-12a4384b5bb7Post:275bc8b8-dc24-4b1a-8604-0394a268fb31">Re: Honeymoon Registry-Jamaica</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how the HM sticky has turned into a sticky for opening BANK ACCOUNTS and suggesting HM Registries.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

REALLY??????????????????? *running to look right now*
  • I do not think a honeymoon registry is bad- I have bought gifts of them and I have a similar registry- but i haven't used one for a specific resort- more of a wish registry.  

I have a registry that does include some honeymoon extras- but it also has traditional household items too- like furniture, tables, etc- we need that type of stuff instead of typical place settings, blenders etc-  so you could find a compromise like that- we are using Upon Our Star (www.uponourstar.com) and have zero complaints.  HTH!
  • Like the majority, I too find honeymoon registries, and cash registries (such as uponastar, above) to be excessively rude.

True, you friends and family won't say it to your face, but do you really want to run the risk of looking greedy and gift grubby to your loved ones?  They may be nice enough not to say it, but they still think it.  

Err on the side of etiquette, and skip the questionable registries.  If people want to give you money, they will write you a check.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards