Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for suggestion to tighten my engagement ring

Hi. My engagement ring is 2 sizes too big and I don't want to part with it to get it resized. Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for suggestion to tighten my engagement ring

• you could get a ring guard
  • The salesman today said his ring guards only bring it down 1 size. I would imagine there has to be adjustable ones out there, right?
  • If your ring is 2 sizes too big, I would highly suggest getting it resized. 2 sizes is a big difference and you could easily lose it that way. I know you said you didn't want to part with it but not having it for 2-3 days certainly beats losing it forever.
    Anniversary
  • I would agree with PP.  I have odd shaped knucles, and had to get sizing beads put in to my ring.  I was without my ring for a few days - I just wore a different ring on that finger.  Definitely better than losing it! 
  • Agree you should just get it re-sized. When I got mine resized, it only took about an hour.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Wow, thank you for the advice. Very true. I was told it was 2 months without it. That's much faster.
  • I got mine rezised at Golden Nugget Jewelers on 8th and Chestnut in Center City. I dropped it off at 9 AM and they had it back to me by noon, and it was only $30. Jared's wanted to keep it for a week and I thought that was too long - 2 months is a ridiculous amount of time for a ring to be resized.
  • Jared's in King of Prussia will resize it same day since they are the main store all of the other stores send jewelry repairs to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards