Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Invitation Error.....

Ordered the invitations from Wedding Paper Divas, they were so pretty and I got a great deal on the bundle. They send you an email to confirm spelling and dates and all that. Did all that, had them sent to my parents house..... My dad got them and looked them over... I SPELLED HIS FREAKING NAME WRONG... ON 150 OF THEM... HIS NAME IS JEFF..... FML.. but what can you do??? Nothing, just laugh. I told  him that it was a printing error and it would be fixed free of charge. NOPE, I am spending 300 bucks to fix MY error... Who spells Jeff wrong anyway.... MEEEE. Laugh, it is ok.

Re: Invitation Error.....

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez.  That stinks they didn't offer ANYTHING (even though it's not their fault).  I wonder how often that happens?

Atleast you can laugh about it.  :)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    PS - There's always Geoff.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ouch, not fun at all!

When I made our guestbook on Mixbook, I changed our names to Kendall ********** and Albert ************ so I could post it online for critiques.  I forgot to switch it back before ordering it. Luckily, I called the company and told them my story.  They fixed it and sent me a new one free of charge.  You might try talking to WPD about it and see if they can help you out at all (IE: Maybe just pay for the invites since you don't need a 2nd set of envelopes or enclosures?)
  • edited December 2011
    My Fi's name is Jeff too! How did you spell it btw? I'm sorry it happened! Hope it doesn't break the bank.
  • lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mom says we just need to order 35 or so correct ones..... send them to his friends and family and no one will know... He will think we corrected it and he fine... We never really let him in on the whole story anyway.. what he doesnt know doesnt hurt him. Who knows, we may just do that!! My friends dont know how to spell his name!!! Poor dad
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it was your Dad's name misspelled?  For some reason, I got that it was your FI's name!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh NO.

Just order as little as possible to correct it for just people who would know the difference. Just make sure its right on the wedding programs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i ordered from WPD and got the phone number for the accommodations incorrect. they gave me 40% off on the re-print... are you sure they won't give you any discounts? i think it's on their website that they will give you re-prints for a certain percentage off...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent even checked with them. I just assumed there was nothing that could be done since they send you so many checks before ordering.. And he spells it Jeffrey, I spelled it Jeffery... it is very small at the top of the invitation where it says the daughter of Jeffrey and Janie. And since it could be spelled either way, it really isnt a huge deal... Only his work friends and family would notice. Or maybe they wont.. I just feel bad that I dont know how to spell my own dads name!!! Great daughter!!
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    This has been my fear with every invitation/STD I have ordered!
  • edited December 2011
    You should definitely call and see what they can do to help you.  It never hurts to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards