Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Confession Thursday...

Can you believe it's Thursday already?  I feel like this week flew by!

Anyway...it's confession thursday...you all know what that means.

If you have something you'd like to get off your chest, let's hear it!
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Confession Thursday...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I'll start by confessing that I'm really starting to freak out about my budget... I think it's just because we are getting down to the wire, but I have been having nightmares that we show up in the DR and have no money...lol..

I'm pretty sure most if it is from not really knowing what our headcount is...and some of it stemmed from my uncle telling me on Sunday that there are 12 people in his party and that he's paying for all of them!  LMAO!  Although they were all invited, it's a nice surprise...

I know in the end it will all be fine...but I'd figure I'd get it out there because that does help me feel better :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Jen - I worry about money too and FI get so mad at me because I get so upset sometimes.  I feel you!

I confess that I completely forgot that yesterday was WTF Wednesday!!  I am such a horrible Knottie.  I am going to have to set up a reminder for myself.

I also confess that I forgot to put my e-ring back on after working out on Tuesday so I came to work without it on.  For some odd reason I was hoping that there were going to be some kind of rumor that something happened between FI and I.  I think rumors like that are so funny!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    LMAO!  Cathy that is sooo funny about the rumor thing..lol...

Looks like I have some knotting time this morning since our network is down at work due to a cut power line to our data center!

Thank God for my portable hot spot on my phone :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    My phone is really acting up. I can't get on any websites. It's ticking me off! Jen I'm sure everything will be good, you've been planning for a while so I'm sure you'll keep everything if your budget. Cathy I had a great WTF for yesterday but my service sucked then too! Lol. I'd be waiting for the rumors to fly too! I'm confessing that I went tanning last night. Even though my Aunts own a salon I don't like to go anymore. I used to go every year around March (my bday month) but when I was in nursing school I did a big report on skin cancer and I know tanning beds are just as bad as the sun! I want to be somewhat tan for Hawaii so I went in for only 8 min so I didn't burn my first time.....which burning is really bad! I also want to confess that I'm sooo pissed at Domestic Relations. I still have not received a call as to why nobody called me for my teleconference hearing! I left two messages and I still didn't receive a call back! If I didn't show I'd be arrested because it was court ordered! They are gonna hear it from me once someone calls me back!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    My phone is really acting up. I can't get on any websites. It's ticking me off! Jen I'm sure everything will be good, you've been planning for a while so I'm sure you'll keep everything if your budget. Cathy I had a great WTF for yesterday but my service sucked then too! Lol. I'd be waiting for the rumors to fly too! I'm confessing that I went tanning last night. Even though my Aunts own a salon I don't like to go anymore. I used to go every year around March (my bday month) but when I was in nursing school I did a big report on skin cancer and I know tanning beds are just as bad as the sun! I want to be somewhat tan for Hawaii so I went in for only 8 min so I didn't burn my first time.....which burning is really bad! I also want to confess that I'm sooo pissed at Domestic Relations. I still have not received a call as to why nobody called me for my teleconference hearing! I left two messages and I still didn't receive a call back! If I didn't show I'd be arrested because it was court ordered! They are gonna hear it from me once someone calls me back!
  • Options
    Jen, I was in the same boat before we left for Ireland.  I honestly didn't calm down about it until we had been there a few days and there were a couple moments during the trip where I thought "omfg how are we going to eat if we do/buy this".  You'll be alright though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I confess I drove all the way to school today and prompty left because it was raining and I couldn't find close parking, lol. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_confession-thursday-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:36b6dd1a-d5f7-4204-9978-9022a5fbb9edPost:f39aefaf-9e0a-4c9d-a477-4beb427a74aa">Re: Confession Thursday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I drove all the way to school today and prompty left because it was raining and I couldn't find close parking, lol. 
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

HAHA! If I didn't have an exam tonight I'd probably do the same thing.

I confess that I'm secretly looking for a new job... the benefits at my current job are crap and my FI's are too.
  • Options
    I confess I'm soooo happy right now. Domestics finally called me and I should be getting $250 MORE than what I'm getting now! They asked me if I wanted to work with him on it and I said NO WAY! He has not helped me in two years and for the last 17 years I've been getting nothing for her! He can appeal And take me to court. So be it if he does! Plus this is his last year to pay. Suck it up and support your kid!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_confession-thursday-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:36b6dd1a-d5f7-4204-9978-9022a5fbb9edPost:663a8dbe-eece-4234-9827-e4e8d4a0aa6b">Re: Confession Thursday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My phone is really acting up. I can't get on any websites. It's ticking me off! Jen I'm sure everything will be good, you've been planning for a while so I'm sure you'll keep everything if your budget. Cathy I had a great WTF for yesterday but my service sucked then too! Lol. I'd be waiting for the rumors to fly too! I'm confessing that I went tanning last night. Even though my Aunts own a salon I don't like to go anymore. I used to go every year around March (my bday month) but when I was in nursing school I did a big report on skin cancer and I know <strong>tanning beds are just as bad as the sun! I want to be somewhat tan for Hawaii so I went in for only 8 min so I didn't burn my first time....</strong>.which burning is really bad! I also want to confess that I'm sooo pissed at Domestic Relations. I still have not received a call as to why nobody called me for my teleconference hearing! I left two messages and I still didn't receive a call back! If I didn't show I'd be arrested because it was court ordered! They are gonna hear it from me once someone calls me back!
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

My philosphy is that a gradual tan is better than a strong burn. And to go to Hawaii with "virgin" skin, you'll get so sick from a burn, it's likely to do more damage. IDK if it's a fact, but that's my thinking. 

I confess that I fell down this morning leaving my house. It hurt, but it was embarrassing too. (Even though I live in BFE and no one but the birds saw it) And since I'm in the "old balls" club (that's what the guys like to tease us when we turn 30) I can feel it all over.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    That's awesome!  I need to take my ex back to increase support...  I think you just gave me some motivation...  But probably after the wedding...I don't want him to have any reason to give me issue when taking the kids out of the country for the wedding... 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_confession-thursday-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:36b6dd1a-d5f7-4204-9978-9022a5fbb9edPost:a34dba22-cd50-4eb7-b8a1-ca6651984ead">Re: Confession Thursday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I'm soooo happy right now. Domestics finally called me and I should be getting $250 MORE than what I'm getting now! They asked me if I wanted to work with him on it and I said NO WAY! He has not helped me in two years and for the last 17 years I've been getting nothing for her! He can appeal And take me to court. So be it if he does! Plus this is his last year to pay. Suck it up and support your kid!
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

Anniversary
  • Options
    I confess that I just clued in yesterday that if FMIL can't attend our wedding due to her religion that takes like 3/4 of FI's uncles/aunts out of the mix too as they all attend church with her... guess I should count on a high 'No' RSVP... lol
  • Options
    Jen you should definately try! I haven't gone back since Kayla was a baby and I really needed more than what I have been getting. These last two years have killed my savings account with everything I have paid for that I had no help with, one being a car because he refused to wake up early to bring her to school when he had no job! I'm so happy that I can now get her things that she needs like a Ned bed set! I hope he doesn't appeal this!
  • Options
    Jenn - Are you getting any back money?  That would be great too.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I confess that I did not realize how much little things add up. I'm buying all the little things now and added up what is left to buy. I freaked a bit. Oh and 30 days to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jen- I'm super stressed about money, too. With D being laid off since the end of November it's been hard making ends meet and we haven't been able to save anything for the wedding. I seriously freaked out on Sunday. So, yeah, that's my confession, too!
  • Options
    Britt....oh no, seriously she's nt gonna go? Cathy, I'm not sure about back money but I'm going to ask! Kimmy, I hope FI gets back to work soon. I hope we all win the lottery!!!
  • Options
    And to add to that....just printed the form to go get the marriage license. $93.50 - thanks State of FL - I kinda needed that money.

On that note - anyone else getting married legally in a different place than your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I confess that my MOH is dangerously close to getting a bridezilla freak out.  She's become so snotty about planning the bridal shower and made a snide comment about my other BM.  I've got enough stress I don't want any more!!
  • Options
    Lindsay, what's her deal?
  • Options
    Jenn - She's still not committing to whether she's going or not... she keeps saying she 'thinks it should be ok' but in digging around and reading about the rules of her church it says they are not allowed to attend any religious events/ceremonies regardless of the reason/who it is...
  • Options
    I hope she doesn't back out. That will be really upsetting for you both.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_confession-thursday-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:36b6dd1a-d5f7-4204-9978-9022a5fbb9edPost:52b1581b-67d2-43b4-80ca-90ec636de834">Re: Confession Thursday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lindsay, what's her deal?
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

<div>It's a bunch of stupid petty stuff, but with the stress of everything and how many remarks she's made it's really starting to add up.  Here are the ones I can remember</div><div>"I thought doing a DW was supposed to be cheaper.  You're spending a lot of money"</div><div>"Must be nice to have family to pay for everything.  I'll have to be responsible and budge my own money."</div><div>"Why hasn't (other BM) bought her plane ticket yet?  If she's waiting on her tax return she shouldn't.  I only spend what money I have and don't count on anything extra."</div><div>"You really want that type of cake for your bridal shower?  I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with it, just that what about something else?"</div><div>"I've decided we're going to cupcakes at your bridal shower instead of a cake."**Sidenote: I don't like cupcakes, I'm incapable of eating one without dropping it on me**</div><div>"Why hasn't your dad gotten his plane ticket yet?  That's irresponsible of him."</div><div>
    </div><div>there are others, but those are the most recent.</div>
  • Options
    Sounds like she's jealous! In my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards