Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...

Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:c10a916c-b107-4b45-94f3-9bdf4dbfa0e5">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pinellas is superior to Tampa :P If you need an in with the Medical Director's office, I'm your girl.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>You sound like H.  He is in denial that we live in Hillsborough county and kept his 727 cell phone.</div>
  • Options
    If I had an SO that went on my FB and deleted all of my male friends, I'd be ripped.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    727 FOR THE WIN!

Although, I was originally an 813, so that's acceptable too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:058f6497-acf5-4e09-93bc-311746e6f20b">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have a huge sweet tooth. I've been doing well with the eating healthy & trying to lose weight. But, aunt flow is right around the corner and I just had a meltdown. I scavanged my fridge & pantry until I found 2 boston cream pie toaster strudels. Yeah, I'm not proud.
    Posted by SkettiHeadie[/QUOTE]

<div>I just finished my Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory.  I have dessert every day.  Baby craves sweets.  H said he's never seen me eat dessert so consistently.</div>
  • Options
    I'm irritated at my sister...have been for years. She has a martyr complex...she talks smack about our mother and me and our other sister, AND our children behind our backs.  OR, she does these passive aggressive posts on FB....she won't name names, but she'll do these little non committal things like "I am not an doormat" or whatever posts.

I'm like, WTF?  What are you, 12?

My mom is bed ridden, hopefully not for much longer, and I spent nearly a year of my life commuting back and forth to where my parents live (an hour away) so that I could be with her in the various hospitals, CCU's and rehab facilities so that dad could work to keep the health bene's.  

Sister lives 5 minutes away...please don't biiitch about our parents asking you to come over to stay with mom so that dad can have a break or do the grocery shopping.  You aren't the only one who has kids or a job or a life.

• Options
    Fun fact, 727 was the first area code in the country that didn't contain a 0 or 1.  

• Options
    Man, I could really go for some chocolate-raspberry truffle cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I kept my 216 when I moved.  Why change?  It's a PITA.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:ad3e817c-b86a-467b-8275-2db4d8bbd145">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : So true. Now I kind of want a truffle.
    Posted by SkettiHeadie[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Godiva...just buy a few. One will satisfy the craving...hoard the others for future aunt flo visits.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:9c4c4411-6f70-4dc5-90fe-f8282cfeba88">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I LOVE Cheesecake factory. When I was pregnant, I wanted butterfingers, bagels with cream cheese, and slurpees. That was like 75% of my diet, haha.
    Posted by SkettiHeadie[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>For my first it was chocolate malts (with extra malted) from a local ice cream shop.  It got to the point to where when they saw me getting out of the car they started making my malt before I even got into the store.</div><div>
    </div><div>For my second, it was fajita nachos from Los Pinos, a local place....always in the same booth.  After my daughter was born, I went back to have lunch, baby in tow...I got presents from the wait staff and the owner.  We still go there, even though it's an hour from where we live now.</div>
  • Options
    Nice to know I'm not alone.  
  • Options
    I don't even have a fetus as an excuse for my sweet tooth.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:22d4557c-f176-4180-b3c7-1de5a75d39bd">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice to know I'm not alone.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nope...there was this one time that I HAD to have a hot dog with catsup and mustard, but it HAD to be from Orange Julius....I drove 10 miles to get it...I was like 8 months along (this was for the first) and HUGE...so I waddle up to the Orange Julius stand at the mall, and ask for 2 hot dogs with catsup and mustard...then proceeded to practically inhale the first one on the spot. That poor teenaged boy working the booth was just looking at me like "OMG who is this woman."  </div><div>
    </div><div>I ate the other one on the way to the car....best hot dogs evah!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:34ee781a-e036-4afa-92fb-d7110071da26">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : You sound like H.  He is in denial that we live in Hillsborough county and kept his 727 cell phone.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I will keep my 917 cell phone no matter where I live! 

I learned something at least from SATC
  • Options
    I confess that I'm not going to yoga again tonight.  I'm drinking wine.  Aryn needs to hurry up and move and save me from my lazy self.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:64526fdc-1304-4bfe-a204-4243011a6aa5">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm not going to yoga again tonight.  I'm drinking wine.  Aryn needs to hurry up and move and save me from my lazy self.

<div>
    </div><div>Well, wine has cardiovascular benefits...and it keeps cholesterol levels in check...plus, it could technically be considered a food group, specifically fruit.</div><div>
    </div><div>Like really good grape juice, only with a zing to it.</div>
  • Options
    Thanks for helping me justify my actions, Lizzie.  I knew I liked you.

I don't do relaxing yoga...I do sweat-a-lot-and-mentally-curse-the-serene-bitttch yoga
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:b548a396-9bc5-45e2-b4fa-3d20a2417376">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for helping me justify my actions, Lizzie.  I knew I liked you. I don't do relaxing yoga...I do sweat-a-lot-and-mentally-curse-the-serene-bitttch yoga

<div>
    </div><div>Ahhh Hot Yoga...my old boss does this...he swears by it.  I can't do "hot". Since I gained about 10 pounds (post wedding dress purchase) and because I need to tone and get rid of the chicken arms (dress is a strapless column) I've taken up belly dancing...on DVD...The Belly Twins (Veena and Nina). Step by step instructions and FI loves it when I make my coin scarf jingle.  I've been at it for about 2 weeks, and the arms and abs are looking waaaay better.</div>
  • Options
    Hello! Popping in briefly again while H does some yard work for  my parents. ILs went home yesterday - and I'm glad to finally have some time away from them. They were basically attached to our hips the entire time they were here. I do like them, but enough is enough. 

• Options
    Mine isn't "hot," it is just not the sacred breathing and omm-ing kind.  It isn't advertized as a specific style, but the instructor draws heavily on ashtanga.
  • Options
    Lizzie - I like your thoughts on wine.

These days.. I'm walking.  A little.  I need to walk more.
  • Options
    Hey Poke!!  How ya doin' married lady?  I understand the frustration with velcro in-laws.  It's nice of your new H to help your parents out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:0db31b71-870d-40e0-9d8e-cdbfeab7c7bc">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine isn't "hot," it is just not the sacred breathing and omm-ing kind.  It isn't advertized as a specific style, but the instructor draws heavily on <strong>ashtanga.</strong>

<div>
    </div><div>I confess that I had to google that...looks nice and stretchy!   I have mild scoliosis and sometimes feel like nothing would be more relieveing than a good stretch, or some inversion...like a bat.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Hi Poke!

How long is your H here?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:bd863f81-a841-406a-b33c-73c1a9ee3a4e">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lizzie - I like your thoughts on wine. These days.. I'm walking.  A little.  I need to walk more.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Walking is good. Just listen to your bod.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Do you still tire easily?  I remember just nodding off first and early second tri.  Even after a sound 9-10 hour night sleep.

</div>
  • Options
    Well, I'm off to go watch my brother's kickball game with H.  H will probably play.  It's beer league kickball, so fruit loop doesn't think I should play. :)

Have a good night everyone!
  • Options
    H is here until the 23rd - so you probably won't see me around too often until then. I'm also waiting until then to go through all the pics and stuff from the wedding day. So still a little bit before I have a pretty married pic in my sig. 

Loopy - I have to say it feels strange somtimes referring to him as my husband. We were at Kohls and they asked him for his phone number to put into the computer and he said "Use my wife's number" which he said felt wierd. I'm also having a little difficulty remembering to use my new last name. I actually went around and did all that boring stuff today. Spent about 4 hours collectively between the SSA and DDS. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:c1bf2792-b478-4390-879c-02281f9b754a">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I confess that I had to google that...looks nice and stretchy!   I have mild scoliosis and sometimes feel like nothing would be more relieveing than a good stretch, or some inversion...like a bat.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>It is nice and stretchy.  I like that part a lot.  If you have Time Warner Cable they have yoga on demand.  It's a less scary way to try it out than to go to a class.</div>
  • Options
    Is this the night thread? 

Hi guys. 
  • Options
    H keeps poking me in uncomfortable places (currently behind my knee) so now it's time to go. See ya'll later! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards