New Jersey

Married 9/14/12 - REVIEWS

Ok i'm a slacker! But i came back from our HM to a mess at work, and now that we are in the holiday "lull" i figured i'd post these. PM me if you have any questions or need clarification on anything I post.

Also including link to pics in Photog's blog: http://anneandrich.com/2012/09/shannon-jonathan-doolans-shore-club/

VENUE: Doolan's Shore Club, Spring Lake NJ
We had gone to a "Bridal Show" at Doolans in the beginning of our planning process. We had no idea that at the end of the show we would be deciding to book there. Just about 2 weeks later they had our deposit check and we were set.

Susan made the planning process so easy. She was super responsive with e-mails, which was appreciated. I was a "crazy bride" at some points and was confirming things more than once just to be efficient.

We dropped off our table numbers, card box and a few other personalized things for our reception and the staff at Doolan's had everything set up on the day as we had hoped. The room was gorgeous. The staff was ultra accomadating. Bob made sure to bring my husband and I a plate of appetizers during cocktail hour so we got food in us. Catering staff always made sure we had a drink in our hand, and left food at our table for us to pick at.

Doolan's exceeded our expectations. I highly reccomend booking with Susan and Bob. You won't be disappointed.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Anne & Rich Lavigne
I highly reccomend the use of Anne + Rich Photography. They made the planning process SO easy. On the day of the wedding, Anne and Rich showed up when they said they would at the hotel (actually I think they were a bit early!) and were ready to get started. The fact that they are a husband and wife team I think is a benefit. They understand the importance of a wedding day and they work in sync. I was nervous in front of the camera at first, but eventually they just blended in and I had NO clue i was being photographed.
They kept to the schedule and captured moments I could not even recall happening!

The day after the wedding, they had their blog post up with a sneak peak of our photos. I cried re-living those moments. Just about a week later, when we returned home from our honeymoon, I recived a USB thumb drive neatly packaed with all 800 of our photos on it. I was floored at how fast they worked. Rich's response, "We work fast because its our job." :)

Not only does the quality of their work speak volumes, but their business ethics exceed our expectations. If you are looking for high quality work to capture your most special day, my husband and I PROUDLY reccomend utilizing their services.

HAIR: Salon Dolce Vita, Edison NJ
My hair and makeup was done by Mollie (no longer there, she moved away) and I loved it. My bridal party and mom had their hair done as well. Pricing was reasonable. I use them as my regular salon as well.

DJ: This Magic Moment (DJ Adam)
My husband, my daughter and myself wanted to thank DJ Adam so much for the fantastic job you did at our wedding this past September. We’ve been to a lot of weddings lately and we really appreciate your devotion to your job. From the moment we were able to meet with you, we felt your passion for helping to create the experience of the event you were servicing. In our case, our wedding. You made the planning process super easy! And the day of the wedding you were there and ready to go. I loved that you had the crowd dancing ALL night long. We heard comments from guests that they had never danced so early on in a wedding before. You helped our family start off on the right foot by creating such an amazing memory. We cannot wait to work with you again!

DRESS: David's Brial, East Brunswick NJ
Not much to say. I had an appointment. It was NOTHING like you see on TV. She walked me through racks and I pulled about 7 dresses. My dress was the 5th one I tried on. I loved it, bought it and took it home with me.

Re: Married 9/14/12 - REVIEWS

• B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    Great photos - I love the close ups of the shoes! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations!!!!

The link for the pictures was awesome add on to the review - thank you for sharing!

I absolutely looooove the converse(?) shoes you guys had :) your dress is gorgeous!!!

Thank you again for sharing your reviews - I always find them very helpful!
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Who did your flowers?  Very pretty!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • OH my goodness how could i leave my florist out?

Wallflowers in Spring Lake, NJ
    I dealt with Doreen. She made the process so easy!!! And the pricing was super reasonable.
  • I'm getting married at Doolan's too, it was nice to see that review. Which room did u get married in? How was arranging the menu and hor d'oeuvres? I'm going for my tasting later this month and I'm an out-of-town and out-of-state bride so I'm unable to be too pesky :o)
    I'm guessing you had your cake done with them. Were they flexible and accomodating there? Last I met with Susan she gave me a book to look at of cakes they've done, and they were all basically samples they had on the website with a short list of ingrediants they use. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ur flowers were amazing what florist did u use, and were the flexible with there prices?\
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards