Virginia

Engagement Picture Locations

Hey Ladies!

I'm supposed to be having my engagement pictures done next weekend and I originally was going to have them done at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens and also at the beach.  But I was wondering if any of you Hampton Roads ladies had any good ideas for locations!

Thanks so much!
Photobucket

Re: Engagement Picture Locations

• edited December 2011
    We did ours in downtown Norfolk. Some around Nauticus and the Oriental Garden restaurant nearby. It was nice because it gave us some garden, some waterfront, and some urban pictures.

But NBG would be really pretty too!
  • edited December 2011

It's funny, when I read the subject before reading your post, I was going to suggest the Botanical Gardens or the beach.... I think the gardens will be beautiful this time of year.

The next thing I was going to suggest was the Chrysler Museum. They have several different settings to choose from... The grand staircase, the gardens, the galleries, and the waterfront.... you'd get a great variety. I'd call ahead to make sure they don't have any specific policies regarding outside professional photography.

• edited December 2011

The Chrysler is pretty limited on photography but you can go there.  Their official reply to me (when I was looking for ceremony only) was: "We also host bridal/engagement portrait sessions on Mondays and Tuesdays.  These are 2 hour sessions that include a dressing space and photographs in Huber Court and the outdoor gardens with your photographer."  There are certain rules about which galleries you can shoot in and where you can use flash too.

If it were me I'd do the gardens and the beach though :)  We had ours taken on the beach, on walkways around the beach and dunes, and in a nearby park with some really cool trees.  Absolutely loved them and it was fun to get a mix of backgrounds. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  Our wedding will be in downtown norfolk so I know we'll get some great pictures there then!  I guess I'll be sticking with Botanical Gardens and the beach!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oak Lake Park in Chesapeake is gorgeous.  I would also consider East Beach in Ocean View in Norfolk.  We had our engagement pics there (PIB).
  • edited December 2011
    fyi...norf botanical gardens charges for professional photo sessions. take a look at their website....$75-$100 depending on the number of peeps and the situation. definitely call ahead. i shot an e'session downtown norf, started behind waterside, rode the ferry across (shot during that trip), then shot again on the portsmouth waterfront. definitely a variety of locations.
    have fun...and congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    ooo Thanks!  I'll definitely have to check out Oak Lake Park! Thank you!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards