Ohio-Columbus

Fashion Poll

Looking at next week's weather forecast, im guessing it will be a little chilly after dark.  I have a lace shawl and am debating adding a cardigan since it will be a little less fussy than working with a shawl.  And i think a little cropped cardi will look cute with the tiny waist on my dress.

The biggest problem that I'm having picking a cardi is the colors.  This (clicky) is my dress, in Light Ivory, and the wedding colors are cream, burlap tan, and cranberry. Here are my choices and vote below

image 210 Invited
image 140 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 38 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fashion Poll

• edited December 2011

First your dress is GORGEOUS

Second I am not feeling the cardigans...while cute I think they will not add your dress IMHO....kinda dresses it down which can make it look frumpy.  Could you get a colored pashmina if you aren't feeling the shawl?

Are you going to be outside a lot?  I know typically i am always cold and wedding night I was so freaking hot - my dress was not super duper heavy but that sucker felt like 50lbs by the end of the night and I was a bit sweaty....

imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way Jelenny! I voted for the one i liked the most but I think they will 'dress down' your gown because it is so elegant and beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know you were hot.  Im really worried im going to freeze, but whenever i have tried my zillion pound dress on i have sweat profusely.  SO i have no idea what to expect.

We wont be outside much for anything other than photos.  The venue does have a huge patio with adirondack chairs so it might be nice to hang out there a little bit.

I cant go without the shawl, it will be there at least some part of the evening, it was made by my mom. (Pic, including my makeup trial results can be seen here)

image 210 Invited
    image 140 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 38 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The first one is really the only one that doesn't make it look non-bridal.  Ever consider a faux-fur wrap with elbow length gloves?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_fashion-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:2511e164-312f-4e54-9a71-35a78bfef124Post:644f2b6b-2dd9-4b15-ace9-57daa0283ca5">Re: Fashion Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good to know you were hot.  Im really worried im going to freeze, but whenever i have tried my zillion pound dress on i have sweat profusely.  SO i have no idea what to expect. We wont be outside much for anything other than photos.  The venue does have a huge patio with adirondack chairs so it might be nice to hang out there a little bit. I cant go without the shawl, it will be there at least some part of the evening, it was made by my mom. (Pic, including my makeup trial results can be seen here)
    Posted by stanzi113[/QUOTE]

Honestly rock the shawl a bit for some pics and an appearance and then you may end up loosing it. That is cool your mom made it!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    ok so i totally can't pick but i just had to say that your dress is AMAZING! also, i went to trumpington based on your recommendation and told them you sent me and they just raved about you. they love you there :)
  • edited December 2011
    Okay. I really feel that a cardi would take away from your dress. Especially these. What is you went back to where you got your dress and looked to see what they have?
    I cringed at the sight of most of those with your dress. But, that's just MHO.
  • edited December 2011
    Your dress is beautiful and I think the shawl in oh so beautiful as well!--made even prettier by the fact that your mom made it. It looks very timeless and femenine.

I agree with the comments about the cardigans. I think you'll be OK with the shawl or a Pashmina for later in the evening if you want to be outside for a bit.
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen brides wear colored cardigans with their dresses, and the pop of color looks really cute!  However, these have always been with more rustic weddings, and I am afraid that your dress is just too wonderful on its own to be paired with a cardigan.  I am getting married in December and plan on getting a faux fur wrap, bolero, or stole.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have to add that I also LOVE your dress. I voted for the first one, I like the texture a lot; however I do think since the top of your dress is so visually stunning all of the options might take away from that. I also think the Jenna cardigan could possibly work because it is so simple. If you do go with a cardi you are on the right track thinking cropped.  
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards