Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

what gives? TMI

It's that time of the month. The heaviest I think I've ever had. Worst cramps I can remember for years. I feel like death, and I look 8 months pregnant. NFT.

Re: what gives? TMI

• Options
    Ugh...that sounds horrible.
  • Options
    First of all, I doubt the bloat is even noticeable to anyone but you!

Have you made a significant change in your exercise routine or diet?  That tends to affect how heavy or light I am.  Stress also has an effect, which would be understandable with everything going on in your life right now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d7d0e701-b799-4593-a2e0-bbdc8907f82dPost:a26ff670-2b4d-4a10-bfd3-2e6333727faf">Re: what gives? TMI</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are under a ton of stress right now, and while managing to keep it all together, I wouldn't be surprised if your body is rebelling in its own way!!!
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It doesn't take much of a difference in diet, activity level, etc. to throw my periods off. Given what you're going through, maybe it's affecting you this way. Have you had any changes in your bc?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    That sounds awful. You should have a nice hot bath and watch tv under a blanket. Pamprin extra strength always makes my bloating/cramps go away.
  • Options

It could be stress.  I usually get the opposite effect when I'm stressed, though (NO period).  But, I think some people have it worse.  I'm sorry, that sucks :(  Motrin is your friend.

• Options
    Yeah, could be the stress. I just can't believe it!
    And no, not eating or doing anything differently. Usually when I'm stressed it's the opposite. Far lighter, hardly noticeable. Oh well. This too will end.
  • Options
    I personally like Midol. I just don't want to have to go anywhere but home. I suppose ibuprofin will work also.
  • Options
    I don't have much helpful advice for you, but sorry you feel so crappy! Mine used to be really really bad before I got on the pill, so that's the only helpful thing I have.
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2009
    That happen to me and I found out I had cysts and fibroids.  It's  was bad for 5 months, but this month I was almost back to normal.

Hopefully it's only stress.  but if it happens next month you should have it checked out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I meant to apologize in advance for the Breaks-ness of this post.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha now you just need a chart explaining all this.
  • Options
    Pumpkin, do you normally do caffeine?  If not, take ibuprofen with a caffeinated beverage, and that might give you a little pain reliever "boost" (if you don't have any midol).  If you're a coffee drinker, or tea drinker, it may not make a difference.

I'm sorry you're feeling rotten.  That's a miserable way to feel - it just feels like your body's rebelling against you.  I second heat - heating pad, heated blanket, warm beverage, etc.

Take care of yourself for 24 hours, since Mark's doing well.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards