Connecticut
Options

First fitting results!

So, I posted in my previous post about my fitting, but realized that you all might not actually look there.  Here's what I said again! :-)

So my fitting went great!  I opted to wear the torsolette under my dress.  It really just smoothed out the lines and made me feel very secure in the dress.  I wasn't sure if I'd need it because the dress fit fine without it when I tried it on a couple months ago.  Amazingly enough, she has to take the dress in!!! The scale hasn't budged at all, but the dress is definitely looser (even without the bustier)... go figure!

I have to rave about my seamstress.  Her name is Leila and she owns The Fitting Solution in New Milford.  She's taking in the bust, taking in the side seams where the zipper is on one side and the gather on the other side, tacking the lining on the whole dress, repositioning some of the boning, hemming all the various layers and doing a french bustle, and guess what she's charging me?!!! $100 for the whole thing... ummmm.. yes... $100 for EVERYTHING.  She's also making some alterations on my torsolette (needs to come down lower in the back), which will be $40 also.  She's very knowledgeable and I really like her.  She already did alterations on my AM ceremony dress and they came out perfect. 

So, here are a few pics.  Sorry, they're not the best shots.  Let me know what you think! (all I can say is that that dress makes me look so freaking skinny!)

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: First fitting results!

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad your fitting went well! Told you that you didn't need vibes, you look gorgeous! Love your dress! I can't believe the price you're getting for all those alterations, that's awesome! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are gorgeous!!! And woohoo for reasonably priced alterations!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The dress looks perfect!! I can't believe how reasonable your seamstress is!! I might have to ask you for her info if Harold's end up charging me a ton for alterations. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally Christi!  I live right around the corner too so we could get lunch or something if you end up using her. :-)

I'm actually going back to see her tomorrow because I forgot to have her take my measurements for my quipao. Once I have the measurements, I'm going to order it! Cross your fingers on that one!
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie, it looks beautiful.  You look fabulous!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_first-fitting-results?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:2ee9b26d-9148-4110-84bb-5b63cc694511Post:b5edb0eb-564a-4413-aabf-5340660cd51f">Re: First fitting results!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally Christi!  I live right around the corner too so we could get lunch or something if you end up using her. :-) I'm actually going back to see her tomorrow because I forgot to have her take my measurements for my quipao. Once I have the measurements, I'm going to order it! Cross your fingers on that one!
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

<div>I was just wondering if you ordered it yet. Let me know when it comes in. I want to see!!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks perfect! You don't even look like you need any alterations done! You much be so excited. I'm definitely going to take note of your seamstress b/c I'm not to comfortable with the shop I ordered my dress at. Anyway, congratulations! You are going to look gorgeous!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I said it before, will say it again. YOU LOOK AMAAAZING!
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg its GORGEOUS!!!!! you look amazing in it :)  and what a freakin steal on the price!  i'm glad inna didn't work out for you!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You all are the sweetest!  Thanks!

Yea Sandra, it ended up working out didn't it?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!!
    I was born in New Milford. I'll have to look Leila up when it comes time for me to get my dress. It's nice to hear that someone has has such perfect results with a seamstress.
    Your dress is amazing :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress!!  And what a great price for alterations!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look so gorgeous!!!!!  I love your dress!  and that is an amazing price that you got on the alterations!  Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you look FANTASTIC!!!! do you happen to have the seamstress's number available? I still need to get one!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kim!  Yes I do.  You should definitely come up and see her... cupcakes, alterations and mom! lol!  Her name is Leila. 860-350-8431.  Company name is The Fitting Solution.  She's located right off the green by the hospital on 202.  Feel free to tell her that Carrie Lee referred you.  She's only by appointment, so definitely call her first.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

B-E-A-U-tiful!

• Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress!!!  You look beautiful!  Congrats on a succussful first fitting.  I go for my first one tomorrow; I am nervous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a gorgeous dress, and it looks AMAZING on you!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great! thank you!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards