Wedding Etiquette Forum

so, who hangs out here at night?

Re: so, who hangs out here at night?

• I'm taking a "Me" day tomorrow so I can stay up until it goes off. Yipee!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Lucky!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited May 2011
    I had too. The kids this year are sooo drainning. From one getting shot, to another saying he is tired of school and he is only in 8TH GRADE, I need a break. If only for one day.
  • Normally he's really good about splitting the feedings the last couple days he's had migraines and it just really incapacitates him. So then he sleeps almost 12 hours when I get 4 or 5.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • It gets better, I promise!!
  • edited May 2011
    Unfortunately feeding Edmund is a workout since he can't suck on the bottle. It takes twice as long, as any other baby I have fed, to feed him. Plus squeezing the bottle makes your hand hurt.
  • Can you use the bottles that use the liners? That might be easier for you.

Like these...

http://www.diapers.com/products/Playtex-Premuim-Nurser-4oz-2-pack-21486
  • Poor little Edmund :( He's so super cute!
  • Dang Ciara, I'd be pissed as heck if FI was sleeping 12 hours! Are your inlaws still there? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:cc23cb02-d852-4611-9ec5-86af709c4ea5">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dang Ciara, I'd be pissed as heck if FI was sleeping 12 hours! Are your inlaws still there? 
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

I think that only happens cause of the migraines.
  • Unfortunately no. I have to be able to squeeze the formula and with the hard outer wall that isn't possible. The bottles work just fine it's just getting myself used to having to work to feed him.
  • But I used to put my hands inside of the hard outside, to squeeze the air out of them. Or  you can just push the bag upwards. There has to be a way so that your hands don't have to hurt.
  • It does only happen because of the migraines but it is still frustrating. The last couple nights have just been I finish the last feeding before going to sleep and then H handles the one maybe two feedings at night and then I'm up for the day doing the majority of the feedings again.

The ILs went home last Monday. They were only able to take a weekend off. Truthfully I love them but I was glad to see them go. H stepfather is just a little too much to deal with for more than a couple days. Our apartment gets really cold and we had to by a heater for the living room and one day he got too hot and just shut it off. I let him have it that he can't just turn things off because it gets way too cold for Edmund if it's not on.
  • The problem with that is that I have to be able to control the pace that I squeeze at. Since his palate is affected if I squeeze too fast he starts to choke and formula comes out his nose. I'm not sure I could get enough control of the flow with those bottles.
  • edited May 2011
    Okay ladies, the game is about to come on and I gotta get this little girl in the shower.

Ciaram, see if H can just pick up a starter pack of the bottles. Unless you have HUGE hands, you will be able to get your hands on the side of the bag and squeeze it. I just really hate to think about you being so tired and having you hands hurt.

Night girls and GO BULLS!!

ETA I just saw your response. Okay I see what you are saying. I'm sorry and my T&P's are with you guys and Baby Edmund.
  • Ciara, that has to be hard. Bless your heart for being such a good mommy & wife. I know what those migranes are like, H gets them somewhat often and he is useless when he has them.
  • oh wow ciara it sounds really complicated to feed little Edmund!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • It's not too complicated but it does take a while to get the hang of it. Which is why the firsst week he lost so much weight because we didn't have the hang of it and he wan't getting enough. Now, it's getting easier but still can be dificult if you don't pay attention to his signals.
  • Hi guys! This new job is killing my knotting time. We have Internet but I'm the new girl and they have given me like 38956 projects to do so I am firing on a cylinders all day. And they frown upon recreational Internet activity. I'm already excited for my school classes again so that I don't have to get up at 5am.
  • Garlic & cheese pizza and a Jurassic Park marathon at work FTW.
  • FEZZ. You knew I was over there reading the I Judge thread and you never once said "Hey, there's an ACTIVE thread full of cool people, come on over"

SHUN
  • H is going to be running to my favorite mexican restaurant in a bit to get us burritos for dinner.
  • Mmmm Mexican food.

Oh double win. Jurassic Park "marathon" skips the awful Jurassic Park II and goes straight from the original (the best, IMO) to Jurassic Park III.
  • I just read the whole mammoth judgment thread. Entertaining, to say the least. It also made me giggle because today is only my second day at this job and my coworker offered me a homemade cookie from a plastic bag and when I asked what was in them, she said she wasn't sure except that she knew there were no nuts. I ate it anyway. Free cookie (as long as there are no nuts/peanut butter because I'm allergic) are all systems go for me! I think people seriously overreact about that kind of thing. Anyway.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    If H went on a burrito run for me, I'd forgive him for getting 8 hours of sleep per night more than me.  Poor Ciara & family.  

Celles -- There's nothing in the Bible that says that I have to accept the inanity of others.  If I believe in a truth, then I should uphold those that I feel are true, and disregard those that I believe are false.  I think it would be hypocritical of me to say that it's fine that people are claiming that judgment day is coming when I don't believe it to be true and believe that those false prophets are wreaking havoc on society.
  • Hey ladies!  Ciara- my T&P are with you and little Edmund.  Things will get better.

I just ate a delicious (or as delicious as you can get in Michigan) BBQ dinner.  I am now very full.  I feel like this is a mistake, since my first dress fitting is tomorrow.

Oh well.
  • Good evening everyone. I just had some awesome Jerimiah's Italian Ice.

@MissySue.......... Go read my reply on your smartphone thread and then download your banking apps!
  • MS parts of that thread had me riled up and I was ready to slap someone.
  • Oh yeah, the I judge thread today was something.  I'm glad I was around to get in on it early, actually, or I never would have caught up.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Ciara- I would have been judging SW's judgment even if it hadn't been against a "reg."  

That was a lot of judging this morning.  Germy public spaces, bloody vaginas, Mexican food, oh my!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards