Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy hump Day!

Good morning,
  1 month until my wedding!  I cannot beleive it!  i am totally, utterly calm about it, but I feel like the panic's going to hit the week before.
  Last night was another quiet evening for us.  Made some dinner then took a walk. Got a call from the tux place saying 3 of our GM haven't gotten measured for their tuxes yet (no surprise there-they are all last minute people). So I had FI call them all to remind them, hopefully they'll get that done in the next week.
  Have a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy hump Day!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! Feeling really groggy today for some reason. Last night was nice.. I got done with my meetings a lot sooner than I anticipated and got home earlier and had dinner with DF. I attempted to watch the Dancing With the Stars Finale until I passed out before I even saw who won! My shoes came in and I'm not sure how I feel about them actually. They are comfortable but kind of awkward to walk in which is weird considering I wear heels every single day. I am going to try and walk around in them at home and if I don't feel more comfortable than I think I'll return them and just get a pair of Nina's.

Heather- That is SOO exciting! :-)

Have a nice day ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!!

I've got nothing exciting, met a friend for a glass of wine, then took a long walk home. 3/4 through, I was regretting my decision because it was so hot!

Heather- OMG only a month!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time is going. A+ for being so calm.

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Had an ok night last night - class was good and I came home and watched Biggest Loser!! It was SOOO good! Absolutely incredible to see the transformations! :) Other than that, nothing too exciting... Hope everyone has a good day!

H - Wohoo for the 1 mo mark!!! Def amazing how calm you are! You have everything so together - CAN'T wait to see how it all comes together!
    Ros - boo about the shoes! :( Def return them if they are uncomfortable! I think this is one time that the cuteness of a shoe is not worth the pain! lol
    jl - at least you got out there and exercised! lol... I can't find the time to exercise at all! I told myself after classes are over my butt will be in that gym EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! lol
  • edited December 2011

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! We went out to dinner for DH's b-day yesterday and got so much food (it's the one place we actually order an app b/c we both like 2 of each food included). I have some yummy leftovers for lunch that I'm already looking forward to. Nothing like a huge meal, then coming home to watch the BL finale! Tongue out Without spoiling anything, let's just say that seeing Michael gave me goosebumps- what he has accomplished is so amazing! I'll miss watching it on Tue., but I'm looking forward to America's Got Talent starting next week, and maybe Jillian's new show if I can stay up for it!

H- Happy 1 month until the wedding- exciting!! I can't remember, when's your last day of work? I know you were concerned with all of the snow days we had this winter...

Jl- Hope you can keep cool- yesterday was nothing compared to the next 2 days of heat we're supposed to have. But then I saw it's supposed to cool down on Sat.

G- Glad you got to catch BL. Maybe I'll start a separate discussion thread.

ros- I say definitely practice walking in your shoes, and only return them if they're still uncomfortable after a little while.

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  I got my hair done last night so this is one of a few days a year that I wear it straight :)  Other than that, I also took a long, hot walk home, watched Glee with FI, then worked on lots of unpacking.  I picked up some delicious cupcakes from my favorite bakery to bring into work today for my last week here, too- yum!

Heather, one month until your wedding!!!  Yeah!  You're so prepared, no wonder you're not stressed!
    Trisha, what kind of shoes did you end up getting?
    Jamie, hope you stay cool!  Looks like our heat wave is ending as yours is beginning :)
    Gianna, glad class was good and you got to relax a little bit!
    Kim, I'm glad DH had a fun birthday!  I looooove having leftovers too.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies...stopping in today since I am free!

Femme - Care to bring or send me some cupcakes? :-)

Not much going on here...just getting ready to move this weekend! Luckily, there is no furniture to be moved, so it should be easy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    ros- Those are beautiful shoes!

LaFemme- Do you get your hair straightened or relaxed? I just ask, since you said about wearing it straight today. I get mine relaxed, but it still has it's curl. Also, I meant to ask you, how did your dress fitting go the other day?

Jbee- Nice to "see" ya! GL with moving!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jennifer!  How long do you think it would take cupcakes to get through customs?  ;)

Kim, I don't get it relaxed or anything.  I wear it curly almost every day, but it's not as curly as yours- less spirals, more defined waves.  I just had a blow-out at the salon last night and my stylist straightened it with a round brush and hair dryer, which I can never seem to do myself!

Trisha, those are really cute!  Are they slipping off your heel or something, making it hard to walk?

Vacation
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Jen- They fit good and feel ok, it's just that I feel like I am walking funny in them.. like I have to stick my butt in the air lol. It just doesn't feel natural. I did try them on after having walked in heels all day long.. so I wore flats today and I will see how they feel again tonight!

• edited December 2011
    Ha ha Femme...they might not make it! Although my mom sent GS cookies here, and they eventually made it :-)

Thanks Kim :-P I hope it will be a smooth process!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM everyone!  Yesterday was a whirl wind of a day.  My sister found out that she does in fact have a lis franc injury (which is what I thought all along but the dr. in fl said no).  But since it happened in January she probably needs surgery to fuse her midfoot bones together instead of the normal procedure.  I got my blood tests results back and have to see a hematologist b/c I may have a rare blood clotting disorder or lupus.  I also got a speeding ticket driving back on the turnpike - boo!  But on a happy note we celebrated my dad's birthday last night!  This is a big deal to us b/c 4 yrs. ago he had a brain aneurysm and is lucky to be alive!  I also found out that I got into the physician's assistant program in Tampa that I interviewed for last week!

Ros - those shoes are beautiful!  hopefully they feel better today - if not I love nina shoes!
    Jen & Kim - I am always jealous of people with curly hair since my hair won't hold a curl at all!
    Heather - yay for one month til the wedding!! that's so exciting!
    Jl - looks like its only supposed to get hotter the next few days!
    G - I'm sure with your busy schedule its nice to relax a little bit!
    Jbee - good luck with moving!  I like to move but hate the packing and unpacking process!
  • nicki426nicki426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, we've been so focused on getting wedding stuff done. I am almost done decorating our 5 tier cupcake tree with ribbon and ribbon roses. I wanted to do a pearl theme but couldn't find a nice pearl trim. So im wrapping it in flowers and ribbon. 2 of the GM's clld and said they were fitted for there tuxes and have them ordered so we only have 2 hold outs and a father that still need to go.
    We are almost done with the GM's beer glasses we are etching with an image that means something to them. I finished the flower girl headpiece and pail for the petals.
    And some other DIY projects. It feels good to get things done! Only 108 days to go! Makes me nervous.

ros3392 - I love your shoes! I wish I could wear something like but im to clumsy lol.

Hope everyone has a nice day and a good week!
    http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA
  • edited December 2011

Ros-good luck with the shoes!  If they are too uncomfortable you could either not wear them, or wear them to the wedding and then bring a change for the reception.
    J-sounds like a nice, quiet night!

G-I think going to class at night totally makes you lack the motivation to exercise.

Kim-last day of work is June22, but because I never take my personal days I have 4 saved up.  I have to take one the 11th, then I'm taking 3 at the end of the school year, so I'll be done June 17th (whew!)
    Jen-did you get your hair cut or just styled?  Is this your "wedding haircut?"  I got mine about 2 months before hand, so just curious!
    JBee-good to see you around!

Kime-boo for speeding tickets.  My mom got one yesterday too. They said its going to be bad with ticketing in PA until June 3rd I think it was?  That stinks about your sister being misdiagnosed-dumb doctors.  I hope she's ok!

Nicki-It sounds like things are really coming along!  That is great.  Do you have pictures of your DIY in your bio?>

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim, holy moly, you have a lot going on!  I hope your sister's operation goes well, I hope you DON'T have to worry about a blood disease or lupus, and congratulations on getting accepted into your program!

Nicki, congrats on all the good checks!  It sounds like you have a lot done, don't be nervous!

Heather- I had a trim, a shine gloss, and a blowout last night.  I'm not sure if I'll get another trim or not.  I might go back two weeks before the wedding.

Vacation
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen - do you have a pick of your hair straight?
  • nicki426nicki426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    26summer - I have a lot of photos in my bio of DIY projects most of my family is out of town so that is how they help me plan and see what im doing :  )

lafemme- im more neverous about finishing all the projects I want to do, the actually getting married is the easy part lol. Are you wearing your hair curly for the wedding? I have really curly hair too and think I want to do the messy curly loose updo. But then I see the straight hair styles and like those too. IDK.
    http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I just went and took one in the supply closet :)  It's what my stylist calls "straight with bounce" since stick straight looks weird on me, sigh.

Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicki, I'm wearing my hair curly for the wedding but not as curly as it is naturally, if you know what I mean.  I'm wearing mine half up half down- actually doing a hair trial next week when I'm back in Pittsburgh, so I'll post pics then!  When I was figuring out what I wanted to do, I realized that trying to keep mine straight for 12 hours in July (humidity!) would be a frizzy failed venture, so I'm going to work with my natural texture instead.

Vacation
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Kim- You do have a lot going on! Many vibes for healthy results for you and your sister!

Heather- I was thinking the same thing about a change of shoes!
    Nicki- Great job on all the DIY!

Jen- I love your hair! Such a pretty color!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so late to today's party, but I want to add that Lafemme is smart for not fighting her natural curl.  I wear mine straight as often as I can and that;s why i got married in January - lol. Not entirely why, but I certainly didn't want a frizz ball. 

Happy end of the day everyone! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen - love the straight with bounce look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards