Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

I'm on my second pot of coffee at 4:50am since I opted to go to bed last night without finishing everything I needed to for today.  That pretty much says it all about how this day is going to go!  Tongue out

E-pics are DONE.  Anxious to see how they turned out since we tend to be exceptionally un-photogenic.  Chelsea kept having to say, "Look at him like you LOVE him, you don't hate him," LOL!  I have no idea what I was doing that looked like that but that was a wake-up call.  I'm glad I took y'alls advice and brought flip flops... my feet are a hot mess. 

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!  GO RANGERS!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: SA Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Angel - Chelsea said similar things to Matt during our pics and had to say crazy things to get me to laugh because I dont smile with teeth and she wasnt having any of that lol.  My pics turned out wonderfully so I am sure yours will too.  Also, in my opinion the wedding day pics dont feel as hard because I was all smiles that day from ear to ear and just wanted to be near Matt as much as possible so it just felt more natural to me than snuggling in public on a random Monday night.

ETA: I mostly lurk over here but Kathleen, I LOVED your pics on the blog this morning!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, BL, that makes me feel much better!  I hate smiling with teeth too (Mack had a good laugh when I told them my dad called them "wilburs" LOL) but she insisted they be present in their full glory. ;-)  I'm sure they will turn out great!  I have loved all of McG's work, but I'm one of those people who is entirely too self-critical, especially with pictures of myself.  I'm really anxious to see how they turned out.

And Kathleen, I love, love, LOVE your pics!!!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! 

Angel,I feel you. I'm super critical of myself in pictures. Espically my face.
    What day are yours being blogged? 

But I like our pictures! :) Yay! 
    Now I can't go back to sleep....
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:79ea841c-896b-4a7c-8d38-5a268b121c87">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys!  Angel,I feel you. I'm super critical of myself in pictures. Espically my face. What day are yours being blogged?  But I like our pictures! :) Yay!  Now I can't go back to sleep....
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I think next Wednesday.  :)  Well, FWIW, I think you look fabulous (honestly).   Go back to bed and sleep for me LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:f47d8476-868b-4a1e-86af-3c9b31935d6b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, BL, that makes me feel much better!  I hate smiling with teeth too (Mack had a good laugh when I told them my dad called them "wilburs" LOL) but she insisted they be present in their full glory. ;-)  I'm sure they will turn out great!  I have loved all of McG's work, but I'm one of those people who is entirely too self-critical, especially with pictures of myself.  I'm really anxious to see how they turned out. And Kathleen, I love, love, LOVE your pics!!!
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

I am very self critical too, like to the point that up until my engagement pics I only loved maybe 3 pictures of myself EVER.  Now I have to rotate out which pictures I want to showcase because I have so many from engagement and wedding that I love.  The miracle of professional makeup and a great photographer!
  • edited December 2011
    I love your pics, Kathleen!

If there's one thing I dislike more than standardized testing, it is babysitting a room full of ninth graders while the tenth graders take a standardized test.  I we did field days in high school.  Today I would make them all play baseball in honor of the Rangers.

Also, FI was really insensitive last night and I am trying hard to get over it.
    Anniversary

• laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: SA Wednesday:
    [QUOTEAlso, FI was really insensitive last night and I am trying hard to get over it.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I am with you.  DH this morning poked me in the tummy and made the Pillsbury Doughboy sound.  Okay, so I gained a few pounds on HM, but I still fit into my (size 6) clothes!

Boys.  They need to learn, don't they!? 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:8821421e-bb5b-4bd2-87e8-c6c2972afd32">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : [QUOTEAlso, FI was really insensitive last night and I am trying hard to get over it. Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE] Oh man, I am with you.  DH this morning poked me in the tummy and made the Pillsbury Doughboy sound.  Okay, so I gained a few pounds on HM, but I still fit into my (size 6) clothes! Boys.  They need to learn, don't they!? 
    Posted by laurencste[/QUOTE]

Haha.  It's funny what they think will come off as endearing.
    Anniversary

• aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: SA Wednesday:
     Haha.  It's funny what they think will come off as endearing.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

exactly.Sometimes I don't understand the thought process AT ALL. I mean FI and I have been together for 4 years- you would think I would have it down by now- nope. 

Last night at my bday dinner with friends, I asked one of the groomsmen about some wedding related stuff. his response: I didn't even know I was a groomsman. Way to go FI. FI was out of town and not at my birthday dinner so I got to break the news that said groomsman is in fact a groomsman in our wedding. whah-whah. 

Maybe guys just don't think it's as important? I was so stoked to tell all my BMs. humph. 
  • edited December 2011
    Man, the quote things are all weird.
    Anniversary

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I've done absolutely nothing since matt has been out of town. The house is a hot mess.

BL- How many paper lanterns do you have? Both colors?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am really nervous... Hurricane Rina is going straight to Cancun (my family lives there) and is moving really slowly I hope its no like Wilma :(
    T&P appreciated...
    edited December 2011
    oh goodness Giselle, definitely sending good vibes to you and your family!

Kathleen, your pics are SO fun! love them!
  • edited December 2011
    Kathleen- your pictures are amazing!!

BL- I am the same way as you with barely having any pics of myself that I like, hopefully our e-pics will change that :)

I've spent 10 hours over the last 2 days putting 25 years of pictures in chronological order by year... why my mom chose this week for this project, I'll never know, she just has that kind of timing.

Excited to get off work... lunch and Hobby Lobby with a friend are calling my name!

Giselle- T&P's for your family!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Kathleen- It's safe to say that your photos hit it out of the park! :) They look amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Kathleen, I love your pics! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun :) You're so cute together.
    T&P's to you Giselle!!
    I'm so ready for this weekend to be here already!

• edited December 2011
    Showing my "testing" room Toy Story 3.  This close to the wedding I am getting pretty emotional... perhaps not a good idea.

Edit: I'll be praying for your family, Giselle!
    Anniversary

• laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:77bedd74-8158-4b0a-b4fa-db2a7b3c89c1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday :Last night at my bday dinner with friends, I asked one of the groomsmen about some wedding related stuff. his response: I didn't even know I was a groomsman. Way to go FI. FI was out of town and not at my birthday dinner so I got to break the news that said groomsman is in fact a groomsman in our wedding. whah-whah.  Maybe guys just don't think it's as important? I was so stoked to tell all my BMs. humph. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Hey, my DH was in a wedding last weekend and his brother didn't tell him he was a groomsman until the REHEARSAL.  He was told 2 weeks and one day before the wedding to order a tux, so by then we thought he was either an usher or groomsman (which is the only reason he showed up at the rehearsal).  Boys are WEIRD!  But really, it's only common courtesy to let the guys know so they (or their girls) can plan.  We would have done things a bit differently had we known he was actually IN the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:77bedd74-8158-4b0a-b4fa-db2a7b3c89c1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]exactly.Sometimes I don't understand the thought process AT ALL. I mean FI and I have been together for 4 years- you would think I would have it down by now- nope.  Last night at my bday dinner with friends, I asked one of the groomsmen about some wedding related stuff. his response: I didn't even know I was a groomsman. Way to go FI. FI was out of town and not at my birthday dinner so I got to break the news that said groomsman is in fact a groomsman in our wedding. whah-whah.  Maybe guys just don't think it's as important? I was so stoked to tell all my BMs. humph. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]
    This happened to me too! At our engagement party that was a month after we got engaged, I was telling his Best Man that he better start working on that toast! His eyes grew wide, and he said "I'm the best man?!"  So yea, my DH never actually told him he was best man.
    Also, Daniel did not know that you have to get bridal party gifts and he was not interested in trying to pick something to give them. So I had to run to the liquor store the week before the wedding to get them all a bottle of their favorite whisky or scotch. And somehow they all ended back here in my house, so it will probably me giving them out.

Boys can be so clueless sometimes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Giselle, I'll be praying for your family too!! If you ever need someone to hang out with just let me know
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:7ccabccc-6905-45a8-89c1-85d67ab0d3d1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Giselle, I'll be praying for your family too!! If you ever need someone to hang out with just let me know
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Angela!!</div>
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!
    Giselle- I hope you're family stays safe!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:91c7b87a-570d-41f6-945c-9628b2bf85af">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've done absolutely nothing since matt has been out of town. The house is a hot mess. BL- How many paper lanterns do you have? Both colors?
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

I still have all of them that were listed on my for sale page.  I think the count is there, if not shoot me a fb message and I can count when I get home.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:79ea841c-896b-4a7c-8d38-5a268b121c87">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys!  Angel,I feel you. I'm super critical of myself in pictures. Espically my face. What day are yours being blogged?  But I like our pictures! :) Yay!  Now I can't go back to sleep....
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that was you!  I'm glad I peeked in here--I usually don't go to blogs if it's not a wedding unless I know the person.  So cute!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c07fbb03-6aa8-4e41-9d0e-96a30d2ecda5Post:f6d77550-88a4-449e-9a12-0d03bb38fb66">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : This happened to me too! At our engagement party that was a month after we got engaged, I was telling his Best Man that he better start working on that toast! His eyes grew wide, and he said "I'm the best man?!"  So yea, my DH never actually told him he was best man. Also, Daniel did not know that you have to get bridal party gifts and he was not interested in trying to pick something to give them. So I had to run to the liquor store the week before the wedding to get them all a bottle of their favorite whisky or scotch. And somehow they all ended back here in my house, so it will probably me giving them out. Boys can be so clueless sometimes!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

<div>To come to think of it, I am not sure if FI has told his brother that he is best man- although I think it is kind of assumed. but gifts too?! Goodness, at least I know I am not alone! Oh these men and the things they do.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards