May 2013 Weddings

Trying not to worry about BM Dress...

I only have 1 BM, so I already know I have it easier than most. My BM is in an extremely tight budget and it will require us to get creative and hopfully find an amazing deal. I told her that as long as the color was either silver or charcoal (and even that I am flexible about), I was open to whatever type of dress she wanted to wear and she's thinking cocktail dress. No problem.

However, she is thinking we have all the time in the world to find this dress. I told her that the holidays (before or shortly thereafter) would probably be our best chance to find a good deal and have more options. She's been procrastinating setting a time with me to go shopping and I don't want to pressure her at all. And if it came to it, I don't have a problem contributing to the dress too if that is what is bothering her. I know she is in a tight spot.

I just wish we could get this done so I can have this check done. It's one of the (few) checks that require me to rely on someone else and its secretly driving me crazy. I'm having the same problem with my mom but we've at least already been shopping once. Mom has a bit of an awkward shape so it's going to take us longer to find something for her. She at least knows this and has already started shopping with me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my biggest concern is that after the holidays spring (light) colors will be coming out and I am afraid we will have minimal options if we wait too long.

Am I over thinking this?
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trying not to worry about BM Dress...

• And this is the dress we've had our eye on... Its from JCPenney and its $70

My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping this can help.  Have you tried david's bridal?  I do not know what colors these come in but here's a link for under $60.  http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Outlet-Outlet-Bridesmaid-Dresses-Under-$60__pageSize-all_hl
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She definitely doesnt want anything that looks bridesmaid-ish because she wants something she can wear again. But a few of those may work, so I'll definitely send her a link.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think you're over thinking it.  Maybe you two could set a date to go look around?  Putting something on the calendar may make things easier, rather than just talking to her about it. 

I can kind of commiserate, I have 4 maids and have picked out the dresses, but nobody has gone in to order or get sized yet and I'm worrying that some of them may wait until last-minute. 
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This post just reminded me make sure my girls ordered there dresses my oot ones!!!! I also like the dress you posted.
  • I only have one woman in our WP too (that freakin FSIL) and I was soooo stressed about getting her a dress.  She has a HUGE chest and can't wear strapless.  I really wanted full length, but most of the full length dresses I could find that were in a good price range, were strapless.  Then she said that she was trying to get pregnant.  So I needed to get her something she could grow into.  I ended up finding a dress (our color is also gray!) at an outlet store on sale at the beginning of November.  I bought it a couple sizes too big and it is a stretchy jersey material.  She really loved it and looked great in it.  It wasn't too big on her though (I thought it would be bigger), but there was a little extra room and the material should stretch.  I think she'll be about 7 months pregnant at our wedding.

Here's the dress.  It's Calvin Klein.  It was $85.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I like the dress you have picked out. You aren't over thinking it either. My BM's picked out there dresses and I am not going to bug them about ordering them. I will send them a reminder text or email in February saying that they need to order them by the end of the month.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_trying-not-to-worry-about-bm-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:6e5a80a5-2319-4341-82ce-6d20d26538baPost:e761456f-f787-4c1c-a229-5f26e652ab13">Re: Trying not to worry about BM Dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you're over thinking it.  Maybe you two could set a date to go look around?  Putting something on the calendar may make things easier, rather than just talking to her about it.  I can kind of commiserate, I have 4 maids and have picked out the dresses, but nobody has gone in to order or get sized yet and I'm worrying that some of them may wait until last-minute. 
    Posted by bcbrown63[/QUOTE]

<div>I called the store that we picked our dresses from and asked them for the last possible date that the dress could be ordered and told all the girls. It gave me a piece of mind to know when it needed to be done by and helped them feel like they still had time. </div>
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_trying-not-to-worry-about-bm-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:6e5a80a5-2319-4341-82ce-6d20d26538baPost:3049d3d0-8f7b-4473-a09b-542f4ca8abb3">Re: Trying not to worry about BM Dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trying not to worry about BM Dress... : I called the store that we picked our dresses from and asked them for the last possible date that the dress could be ordered and told all the girls. It gave me a piece of mind to know when it needed to be done by and helped them feel like they still had time. 
    Posted by RebCappon[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea, I think I'll call the store sometime next week.  Thanks for the suggestion.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards