Wedding Etiquette Forum

so, who hangs out here at night?

12345679»

Re: so, who hangs out here at night?

• My FI has decided he prefers to call me "wife" or "future wife" because he "thinks fiance sounds weird". Whatever floats your boat, honey. (He's tired of me correcting him for calling me girlfriend haha.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:857eb788-505a-47e3-8737-bd3c81206e0c">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh.  I heard on NPR that he is really rich and has his radio show in 60 markets.  He can afford his idiocy.  I just hope none of his followers make huge mistakes that cost them.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Well he can send some money this way, i can find better uses for it ;)
    And yes, i really hope they don't do anything to put them in a bad position. Cant understand people sometimes.
    My sisters graduation is saturday, I dont need anything messing up the party.

And Bree, as long as im not alone having trouble. Makes me feel better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:e76d4f9c-c881-4eba-b07a-16bec3b832c9">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI has decided he prefers to call me "wife" or "future wife" because he "thinks fiance sounds weird". Whatever floats your boat, honey. (He's tired of me correcting him for calling me girlfriend haha.)
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it took H about six months to call me "fiancee."  At that point, we were almost married!  (He does, however, love calling me "wife.")</div><div>
    </div><div>It took me about a month to get used to my new last name.  I still occasionally mess up.  Also, all of my demented patients still call me by my maiden name because 1. they don't remember that I have a new last name, and 2. they're usually too deaf to understand how to pronounce H's rather complicated last name.</div>
  • Yeah switching last names will be tough. His last name is way longer than my maiden name. & hard to spell... crazy Italian last names ;)

Trying to use it at work will be a chore for a while, Im sure ill get a couple laughs when they try to say it. My grandmother has it written on a napkin at her computer desks and trys to practice it. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:9a5355b5-a289-4630-ad88-d617861aa9e0">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah switching last names will be tough. His last name is way longer than my maiden name. & hard to spell... crazy Italian last names ;) Trying to use it at work will be a chore for a while, Im sure ill get a couple laughs when they try to say it. My grandmother has it written on a napkin at her computer desks and trys to practice it. haha.
    Posted by MissRutig[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally hear you.  I went from an easy to pronounce, three letter last name to a hard to pronounce 7 letter last name.  My parents still have a hard time with my new last name (it's Hispanic, they're Asian).  My priest mispronounced it when he announced us.  Eek!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:0657f2a3-e73f-4f53-8c0a-9e03b81df269">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so, who hangs out here at night? : I totally hear you.  I went from an easy to pronounce, three letter last name to a hard to pronounce 7 letter last name.  My parents still have a hard time with my new last name (it's Hispanic, they're Asian).  My priest mispronounced it when he announced us.  Eek!
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I doubt my parents will get it ever, its been 7 years and no luck yet. Ours is a simple german name. lol

Yikesss. That is one of my fears is our priest saying it wrong... im gonna be that crazy bride coaching him for a week. lol. I work at a Drs office and im always looking at patients names and go "John, ughhhhh......yeahhh how do you pronouce that". Not in those exact words of course. but that laughs i get when i stop midsentance are something else. lol and so karama has it ill be that little old lady with the crazy last name no one can say. But hes worth it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pronounce** and Karma****

I sent so quick without spell check.. i promise im not completely hopeless. The cat jumping on the keys didnt help my rush to not let her mess me up.. sorry about that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI still refers to me as GF from time to time (it's only been eight months). I tease him about having a GF on the side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards