New York-Western

Cakes- Buffalo

Im looking for places to start looking at cakes and I don't want to spend a fortune on a cake honestley. Does anyone know anywhere reasonable priced but still good quality?

Re: Cakes- Buffalo

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got hers from Tops actually.  It looked great and tasted great, and was much more reasonable.  I had a family member make mine as a gift to us so I lucked out, but I definitely would have went to Tops too probably. 

There is a bridal show coming up in September through Buffalo Bridal Association.  I went to theirs in January and a company at it had a cake deal for $99.  They probably will be there again.

I definitely recommend the show.  I went to that one and said I would never deal with all of those crazy bridezillas again, but we got a ton of deals there.  Half off of our limo, met our DJ and got a discount because of it, found my dress, won a free bustle on my dress, and won a free tux rental.  Definitely worth the 2 hours we went!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wegman's Ultimate White Cake!  My friend used the larger size (they come in 2 sizes) and she put one on every table.  It was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted!  I couldn't believe where she got it from.  Go to Wegman's right now and buy one... you won't be disappointed!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @jnpiwowarczyk ... Is your name Julie??  Did you work at Kelsey's in Orchard Park??
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the Wegman's suggestion. The Ultimate white cake is yummy. I think we are going to get a sheet cake from Wegman's for all the guests and a small cake for FI and I from somewhere else (maybe Pumpernick and Pastry). It seems cheaper to do it this way.

Good luck
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FH's grandmother has her own business doing wedding cakes.  She works from home, her cakes are delicious and gorgeous, and she is reasonable!  Message me for her info.

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you can get great deals at the bridal shows!!
    Not sure what price range or size you're looking for, but Dessert Deli in Williamsville has an "easy on the pocket cake" that is $295 and feeds about 130.  There are three designs to pick from and they personalize it to match your wedding colors.
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • ccialoneccialone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Dessert Deli last night for cake tasting and their service was horrible. The woman asked me what I liked and how I visioned my cake and everytime I said something she would tear it down and say that she has a better idea. I am getting married outside so she said that maybe I should think about getting a fo cake, in which I said I didn't want one. So for the next hour she talked to me about fo cakes and gave me a price for a fo cake! It was highly annoying. Plus my fake cake and 2 1/2 sheets of cake came to over $600. I am not going there for me cake.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The $99 cake is P & R bakery, I am going to the bridal show specifically to order on because it is the only time you can get it for this price. It's a 3 tier cake decorated how you want.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_cakes-buffalo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:da40a444-b8e3-4dd7-9312-54cdca34bc8fPost:0935aa70-ae0a-46f8-bc5a-330627f0fc36">Re: Cakes- Buffalo</a>:
    [QUOTE]The $99 cake is P & R bakery, I am going to the bridal show specifically to order on because it is the only time you can get it for this price. It's a 3 tier cake decorated how you want.
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of P&R how does their cake taste?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, thats a good idea i love tops & wegmans cakes, and mrs pawlak yes i did work at kelseys in OP. and thank you for the infor on dessert deli because i was thinking of trying there!
  • moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used Sweet Beginnings on Delaware Ave.  The cake was delicious (and pretty), and they give you a discount if you book at a bridal show.  I think my cost ended up being around $300 (including the deposit) for 125 people.
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if youre considering P & R you may want to read this. I dont think they're open anymore

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/Bakery-leaves-brides-to-be-cake-less
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, take P&R off the list!

I highly reccomend either Dessert Deli or Muscoreils.  Both can be a tiny bit pricey if you want something fancy, but they both look and taste great.  I custom designed (brought in a sketch) of what I wanted my graduation cake to be, and Dessert deli did it PERFECTLY.

For weddings, Muscoreils will do the cake, and in addition to saving your top layer, the bakery will bake ANOTHER top layer ON your 1st anniversary, so you can have fresh cake that day! =) Muscoreils has been at bridal shows recently...im not sure if they're running any deals or anything, but it would be worth asking.

Also, a tip to make cake cheaper for a large wedding - - order your standard/small 3 tier to have on display and cut, and if that is not enough cake, order a sheet cake that can go undecorated in the kitchen.  99% of the time, nobody can tell which cake their piece came from!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards