Connecticut

My last DIY project complete!

Instead of doing table numbers, we decided to name the tables after significant places to us.  So we drove around and snapped some pictures and used one's that we already had. We printed 5x7's, I mounted them, printed their little description of why they were important to us and painted these little picture stands I found gold. They came out better than I thought!

Since some of you might now the spots here's what they are:
1. Spris - The restaurant where FI and I had our first date (it's now closed :()
2. Plenty of Fish - FI and I met on a cheesy on-line dating site
3. Black Bear Saloon - After dinner on our first date we headed over for a drink where FI actually spilled a drink UP my dress. It slid out of his hand and landed bottom down splashing his beer up my dress
4. Murphy & Scarletti's- We went out on a 2nd date the same weekend and he introduced me to all of his friends here
5. Hammonasset - Our first sunset walk and the first pic of us taken as a couple
6. Grand Central Station - Where FI proposed
7. Constitution Plaza - Where we first laid eyes on eachother
8. Hartford Parking Garage - Our first Kiss
9. Zinc- A yummy restaurant in New Haven where FI first told me he loved me on my birthday
10. The Landmark Cafe - A yummy little restaurant where we have breakfast every sunday morning
11. The Gathering - Little breakfast place in Marlborough where FI took my Dad to breakfast to ask him for my hand :)
12. Tuckers Bistro - Newport. This is where FI was suppose to propose, but technically during his proposal speech the fire alarm went off and killed his plan

Anyone else doing or did something besides table numbers??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My last DIY project complete!

• edited December 2011
    LOVE it!  What a great idea!  I might steal it!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 have been sent the invite image
    90 are ready to boogie image
    26 are party poopers image
    4 haven't read the etiquette book image
    RSVP DATE : April 10, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it! Great check!

Very similar to what we did and the guests loved the creativeness! Great job, you'll get a ton of compliments from your guests! :0)
  • edited December 2011
    You are on a roll!  They look awesome! 

Are you also numbering the tables with the names or will you have a chart of where each table is?  The only thought about numbering is that there's a logical order to the tables for people to find their spot...vs. wandering around.  We were going to do the same until I thought numbers might be easiest to get people seated quickly - so rather then name the table based on the place, we're just going to have a frame at each table with the same type of info, just won't name the tables that way...

PS - FI and I have been to the Landmark Cafe for many Sunday morning breakfasts - wonder if I have seen you guys!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_last-diy-project-complete?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:42bc54d3-1619-43b9-b6c8-1e945e84eb67Post:72ed9cab-4fe3-4ffb-86d2-1ef9b361957f">Re: My last DIY project complete!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are on a roll!  They look awesome!  Are you also numbering the tables with the names or will you have a chart of where each table is?  The only thought about numbering is that there's a logical order to the tables for people to find their spot...vs. wandering around.  We were going to do the same until I thought numbers might be easiest to get people seated quickly - so rather then name the table based on the place, we're just going to have a frame at each table with the same type of info, just won't name the tables that way... PS - FI and I have been to the Landmark Cafe for many Sunday morning breakfasts - wonder if I have seen you guys!  :)
    Posted by ali79ger@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Jess sent us a flooring map about a week ago asking us to fill in the table numbers and how many guests would be at each table. I at that point explained the name thing to her and she said that it won't be an issue and that's why she asks for the map. It is provided to the servers and greeters so that they can direct our guests. Each celebration labels their own tables (even if numbers) so the team has to use this map anyways.   Love landmark french toast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    GOOD TO KNOW!!!  They provide such great service.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards