Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aruba

Anyone have any good recommendations for all-inclusive/adults only in Aruba.  I really need to get my butt going on booking a honeymoon! Thanks girls!!
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
***TTCAL besties with Becky515-What doesn't kill us makes us stronger <3*** Congrats to my bestie Becky on her BFP- this is it!!</font>
BFP#1 6/28/11- EDD 3/17/12 missed m/c 8/31/11 (12 wks- baby measuring 10 wks no hb)- D&C 9/2/11- mommy and daddy love you!
BFP#2 1/7/12 ectopic discovered 1/19/12- methotrexate treatment- we love you!
BFP #3 6/20/12 beta #1 202 beta#2 175 beta#3 47 ? CP - We love you
New plan- IVF Oct 12'
ER 10/8/12- 11R 10M 10F
10/13/12 - 1 beautiful embryo transferred
beta #1 10/23/12 - 166
beta #2 10/25/12 - 444
beta #3 11/1/12 - 4500
ultrasound 11/8/12- baby with a beautiful HB of 118

second ultrasound 11/18/12- baby growing big with a HB of 147
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Aruba

• Options
    We jsut bought an all-inclusive at cheapcarribien.com  Staying at Tamarijin Aruba it was the cheapest...and most beautiful we found!!  We go April 17th so we'll let ya know
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't think there are any adult-only options in Aruba, like other islands.  However, a few AI hotels are:  Tamarijin, the Divi which has a few places (possitive with either is you get to use the facilities at both resorts because they are owned by same company), the RIU (newer), plus alot of the other hotels have AI options.  Hope that helped.   If you are leaning more toward less kiddies than AI, I would recommend the Bucuti.....it isn't child-free but I have been told (from people that used it) it is the closest thing you can get. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm going to Aruba for my HM but staying at the Radisson.
    I'm pretty sure there is an adult only hotel but I forgot which one.
    Check TripAdvisor forums for all the info you need, they are awesome
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147247-i144-Aruba.html
  • Options
    Be careful...the Renaissance is downtown not on the beach like the other properties.  My sister warned me about that as she works for the marriott.  If you want to be able to go out and practically step out onto the beach...this hotel isn't it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Amsterdam Manor. Very small, great all inclusive package for honeymooners. We loved it! I do recall some children a the resort but it was not an issue at any time.
    If you have any questions you can e-mail me. agaydos@hvc.rr.com

• Options
    We recently booked the Riu Palace AI for our Aruba honeymoon. Orbitz is having a great sale right now! From our research Aruba has very few AI's and compared to some of the other one's we looked at the Riu has what we are looking for, several food options, great beach access and a little more upscale then where we would normally pick since it is our honeymoon. GL
  • Options
    We booked the RIU also! Cant wait!! Through Expedia... friends who have family there said its the palace you see from the plane in... cant wait!
  • Options
    I have done so much research through the tripadvisor forum and they all have great things to say about Bucuti, especially for a HM
  • Options
    Has anyone stayed or booked at Occidental? I've heard mixed reviews on that, but they are less expensive then the Riu.
  • Options

Although I personally have not stayed at the Occidental we had friends stay there. They told us it is very no frills, standard 3 stars, and it seemed to have a lot more children since it is more affordable. HTH

• Options
    bucuti and amsterdam manor are the best.  from personal experience AND from recs from my TA, they are the nicests, smallest, and most intimate.  my TA said she would never allow me to spend my honeymoon at any of the others.  good luck!
  • Options

I think it depends what you are looking for. Both bacuti and amsterdam are located on eagle beach. Its more private but most everyone agrees that further up (palm beach) is the nicer beach.
    If you want more seclusion than eagle beach is the right choice. Also, eagle beach doesn't have as much stuff within walking distance.
    I was told Hyatt was the best place to stay for a HM in Aruba. I choose Radisson because its like 1 hotel over and the price was slightly cheaper. I like being on palm beach where you can walk across the street to other restaurants/bars.
    Like I said, its all about what kind of hm you want.
    Just do your research :)

• Options
    Thanks, ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards