Arizona-Tucson

Officiant help

Hey everyone. I need help finding a good officiant to do our ceremony. I've been looking online but it seems that they want to charge 200+ to do a wedding which I think is a lot of money for a 10-30 min ceremony. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Celia

Re: Officiant help

• talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, this is tough.  I had the same problem when I was looking for an officiant, and eventually decided that I'd rather have a friend do it than pay $300 for a stranger.  We're having my mentor's wife (who is affiliated with the unitarian church) do ours, but even so we're giving her a $150 donation to put towards whatever she wants.  So even if you go the "friend" route, it can still cost you money... Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took me a long time to find an affordable officiant, too. Then I stumbled across Cherisse Mills and she is awesome! She only charges $150 for ceremony (extra if you want her at rehearsal, which is not really necessary) and she will custom tailor you a ceremony. She is very knowledgeable and very sweet and smiley. I'm so happy I found her. Her website has all kinds of rates for full wedding planning  packages, but just email her and ask her about her rates for officiating. Oh! And she doesn't charge a deposit, she will just schedule you for that day and you pay her on your wedding day. She just so nice!

Her email is a little hard to find on her website, so here it is:
    cheri@a-romanticwedding.com

Hope this helps!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im going with ted at wedding sound and vision he does charge $250 but its not just peforming the ceremony remember, its writing the ceremony, the rehearsal the ceremony and usually they file the marriage license for you....I think its hard to find people for much less and even though its a short ceremony, it is the mos timportant part imho, and you want someone who takes the time to get to know you and make those moments and exchanges perfect!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards