Texas-Austin

Austin Cake Lady....

Has anybody used her? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!!!

Re: Austin Cake Lady....

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She wouldn't call me back. So, I gave up and went to Blue Note. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used her for her wedding and really liked her. I called her but she was already booked on my date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last year who used her. The cake was good but it wasn't AMAZING. If you're having this much trouble getting ahold of her now I wouldn't feel comfortable going with her but that's just me!
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any of the oldies on here still cringe whenever they see "ACL" asked about?!

image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrs. Purdue- what's the story about the cake lady??
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it was a little before my time, and I can't remember the specifics really, but if you posted this on the nest or the bump, I'm sure those ladies would tell you (although you might want to post your email addy so they could tell you off the board).  i know the effected parties are still over there.  =)
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a very interesting review about Austin Cake Lady on Yelp. Definitely an interesting read and I would avoid her like the plague IMO.
  • Cercamom2011Cercamom2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I've read her reviews too.  If even half of the stories are true, I would stay away from her.  She sounds way too "eccentric" for me.  Good luck.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Mrs. Purdue - first thing I thought of!!!  Run FAR FAR away from her.  I'm sure she'll get this all deleted, as she stalks the boards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • edited December 2011
    run...run very, very fast in the opposite direction!
  • txbabs111txbabs111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, just no.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. Just say no and go somewhere else.

Her comments on HER website crack me up, she posts a picture of a pretty cake and then puts someone down (I assume a client who didn't book with her). It just encourages poor reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards