Honeymoon Discussions

Riviera Maya - Booking Questions

So we now have narrowed down our search to Secrets Capri or Valentin Imperial Maya. We will be traveling in June for our HM and both trips are around 2k wherever we have looked. 

Does anyone have suggestions for who we should book through? Cheapcaribbean.com has good prices but I am a little skeptical if I should book through that. Expedia? Priceline? Any other suggestions?

Also, any good companies to take a shuttle from the airport to the resort?

Excursions to take around Riviera Maya?

Thanks!

Re: Riviera Maya - Booking Questions

• I know it sounds sketchy, but I have had great experiences with CheapCarribean. They even called us early in the morning when there was a last minute change to our flight number to make sure that we realized the switch.
  • We used USA transfer for the pickup and thought they were good!
  • We also booked through CheapCarribean and had a great experience. We booked our shuttle to/from the airport through them too and everything was great! We didn't do any excursions so I can't speak to that.

Another tip, if you're an ebates girl like me, they are on there too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cheap Carribean has great reviews on here and many ladies have used them. I believe most resorts do include the transfers to and from the hotel/airport in the price. Double check on that though.

• allinclusiveoutlet is outstanding.
    your reservation MAY include airport transfers when you book. find out.

what kinds of excursions are you looking for?

• We booked the Valentin through cheapcaribbean, and it was the cheapest of all the websites we searched.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also booked the Valentin through CheapCaribbean with no problems at all. We had flight times change and they kept up perfectly updated on any and all changes. 

We used CancunTransfers.com (clicky) to book our shuttle from the airport to the hotel. And by shuttle, I mean SUV that we got all to ourself with a super friendly and knowledgeable driver. At $82 TOTAL, not per person, it's a heck of a bargin over most other transport services.

As for excursions, we went to Xel-Ha, which is a beautiful natural inlet where you can swim and snorkel with fish, stingrays, turtles and more. They also have separate manatee and dolphin swim experiences (but I would only recommend the dolphin snorkel experience. The "swim" is just you taking pictures with the dolphin they then sell for a huge price. The snorkel you can actually interact with them more). We went two days to Xel-Ha and enjoyed it immensely. One day we did only Xel-Ha, and one day we did half day at Xel-Ha with a visit to Tulum. Tulum is BEAUTIFUL and you can swim at the beach. 

We also went to Xplor. This is a fun park if you're into adventure. There's ATV driving, zip lining and cave swimming. It's tons of fun, and you can do it rain or shine. We got to do everything once through, but I wish we had more time there to do the zip lining twice. So two days might be worth it.

The last thing we did was visit Chichen Itza. I liked it for the historical experience, and I think it's important for everyone to visit a ruin if you're visiting the area at least once. But it was a long bus ride and not the most memoriable part of our trip. 

Good luck and have fun!!
  • I have used cheap carribean for a vacation we went on 2 years ago and had no problems!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards