Pre-wedding Parties

Overreacting..(vent)

I'm overreacting, and I know it.. but that being said... FI and I are not "center of attention" kind of people.  We talked years ago and decided that we wanted to do a joint camping trip with our BP for our Bach Parties.  One of my BMs was able to volunteer her SO's house on a lake about an hour away with land to camp on and room for 20 to sleep indoors.  We loved this idea because we could include those of our friends who are anti-camping in the woods people & have the best of both worlds. 

I sent my BM my list for the Bach Wkend and she was shocked at the length of it.  I was too to be honest but there are quite a group of us girls to begin wtih (which BM knows as they're her group as well).  With our group of girls is 20 (10 girls and their SOs) so I didn't think 40 was a terrible number (as half is FI's).  Anyways, she understood and that was fine a few months ago.  Then theo ther day she asked if she could invite an old high school friend of ours that we've all stayed friendly with over the years who is not invited to the wedding.  I'm pretty against inviting people to the bach party that aren't going to the wedding.. I mean, if my wedding is 160 of my closest fam and friends, who else would I want to celebrate with me... I agreed anyhow as it was just one guy and I didn't think he would come anyhow.

Then, today, I got an evite confirmation for another person who was not on my list, whom she did not ask if she could invite, and whom I would never have put on the list.  Not only does he annoy the crap out of me, but he's not really a friend of mine but rather a friend of my MOH.  I feel like I dont' want him there because he and I always seem to butt heads, but now that he's been invited, I'm just kind of irked.  I know I obviously can't UNinvite him, but I feel so irritated by it!

I also know I'm overreacting.. but I just needed to vent.
image 180 Invited
image 160 are joining in!!
image 17 are missing out!!
image 3 are late to RSVP!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Overreacting..(vent)

• edited December 2011
    I don't think you are overreacting at all!

They shouldn't have asked in the first place if they could invite someone, and especially shouldn't have invited someone without asking.

I think it is very nice of you to include the SO of you WP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    vent away... i'd be annoyed too. Hopefully he'll realize that he was invited to the weekend because he's the MOH's friend and not because he's invited to the wedding - guys aren't as fussy about that sort of thing - but you may want to mention it to her, just as a 'i'm worried people not invited to the wedding will feel awkward if we're all talking about it in front of them' thing.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This one particular guy is more of a girl... When he found out he wasn't on the list for the wedding (which I had to explain because he flat out ASKED me if he was invited to the wedding), he flipped his sh*t.  He was pissed, called my MOH, can't believe she'd do this to me, etc. etc.  He's a good kid and I've known him for years but I think he considers us to be friends because he comes around a lot with my MOH; I still think we're acquaintances.
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    It is your party, not hers. You are not overreacting. He needs to be un-invited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards