May 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the Date questions

Hey May ladies!  So I would like to send out my save the dates soon, but I'm having a little trouble with how to address my save the date envelopes.  A couples questions for you

1. How did you address married couples? 
for ex did you write John and Jane Smith, Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, or Mr. John and Mrs. Jane Smith?  I'm not sure how formal I should make them

2. What about adults who live at home?
I know they should get their own wedding invites, but it seems silly to send multipile stds to one house.  Is it ok to send one to "The Smith Family"?

3. What about friends with significant others?  If they do not live together, did you write the s/o's name on the evelope or just the friend?

I think I'm making this a bigger deal than it needs to be, but I'd appreciate some input.  Thanks!

Re: Save the Date questions

• Options
    1.  We went informal with the STDs - first names and last name.  Lady's name first. (this is some weird rule my mom claims is appropriate - still not sure on that).

2. I think we actually sent multiple STDs to kids living at home or with another relative.  We actually have a few more to send that are like this, as we didn't know where people were actually living.

3.  If I know the name of the significant other, I include it.  If I didn't know, I put "and guest".
  • Options
    1. I just went the formal way (Mr. & Mrs. John Smith), but it's really up to you depending on how formal you want to be. STDs are usually seen as less formal.

2. I'm sure that's fine, but I still sent a separate invite to most of the adult children. With the exception of two cousins who are in college, my Aunt when asked for their address told me to just send one to her house for everyone.

3. If they had been together for a long time I listed so SO's name, otherwise I just wrote the friends name without the & guest.  I figured I would leave that for the invite, but I'm not sure if that's the "proper" way to do it.

Hope that helps :)

Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_save-the-date-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1ebb620c-49ee-43f1-8dd2-5726fb76fdd4Post:ac51ae92-6bde-4818-b7c4-cd21aa1d5d6f">Re: Save the Date questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I just went the formal way (Mr. & Mrs. John Smith), but it's really up to you depending on how formal you want to be. STDs are usually seen as less formal. 2. I'm sure that's fine, but I still sent a separate invite to most of the adult children. With the exception of two cousins who are in college, my Aunt when asked for their address told me to just send one to her house for everyone. 3. If they had been together for a long time I listed so SO's name, otherwise I just wrote the friends name without the & guest.  I figured I would leave that for the invite, but I'm not sure if that's the "proper" way to do it. Hope that helps :)
    Posted by Krikin22[/QUOTE]
    This is basically what I did as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We also went formal for the STD addresses.  I would send a STD to every adult child over 18.  As for the SOs- if I knew the SO and they had been together for a while, I included their name, even if they didn't live there.  I had a couple of friends who are recently in relationships.  I didn't include their SOs name, but I was sure to tell them that we would invite their SO to the wedding.  That probably wasn't the perfect thing to do, but it was logical for me.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_save-the-date-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1ebb620c-49ee-43f1-8dd2-5726fb76fdd4Post:ac51ae92-6bde-4818-b7c4-cd21aa1d5d6f">Re: Save the Date questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I just went the formal way (Mr. & Mrs. John Smith), but it's really up to you depending on how formal you want to be. STDs are usually seen as less formal. 2. I'm sure that's fine, but I still sent a separate invite to most of the adult children. With the exception of two cousins who are in college, my Aunt when asked for their address told me to just send one to her house for everyone. 3. If they had been together for a long time I listed so SO's name, otherwise I just wrote the friends name without the & guest.  I figured I would leave that for the invite, but I'm not sure if that's the "proper" way to do it. Hope that helps :)

This is what I did, except for the adults that live at home. Those I included as "family" on the STD's, I will probably send them their own invitation however.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_save-the-date-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1ebb620c-49ee-43f1-8dd2-5726fb76fdd4Post:ac51ae92-6bde-4818-b7c4-cd21aa1d5d6f">Re: Save the Date questions</a>:

I also did this...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards