Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Our song

Okay me and my fiance love the song called "far away" by nickelback and it has been our song for 5 years.  So we want it to be our wedding song and everytime we suggest it to us people try to talk us out of it so should we change it?

Re: Our song

• MrsDR1015MrsDR1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The way that I see it, it's not about what anyone else thinks. If it's been your song for the past 5 years, why shouldn't it be your wedding song? The song that you play for your first dance as husband and wife should be a song that means something to both of you. Since "Far Away" is that song, I say go for it. It's your wedding.
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, its about you as a couple and its your special day.  I would totally use it as your song!
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Its YOUR song and YOUR wedding. YOU choose what you play. If its what you want then go for it!

• edited December 2011
    This is your day and no one else should get to have an opinion about the song you choose.

My fiance and I are dancing to "Only One In Color" by Trapt. He said he heard this song on his way home from meeting me for the first time and he instantly knew I was the one. He says this song says it all when it comes to me.

If anyone tried to talk me out of it I would flip...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards