Hawaii

location suggestions for maui?

I'm having a very small ceremony, 7 people total...including guests in Maui. I would like something low key, relaxed, and of course beautiful. Any suggestions?

Re: location suggestions for maui?

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  There are so many places you can have your wedding -- do you have a feel in mind?  Beach.  Restaurant.  Lawn.  etc?  Some of the more common venues are:

Makena beach
    Mama's fish house
    Five Palms
    Hotel / resort lawns / lookouts
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! We would like either a beach or lookout. We are also going to be working with a coordinator/planner...I haven't decided on one yet. We're doing this fairly quick and low key...91 days away. Does a beach or lookout need a "reservation?" I'm not sure of the wording?
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Kapalua Bay beach in the north part of the island.  You do need to get a beach permit (our officiant Pia Aluli is getting ours) but that doesn't guarantee a spot on the beach, so you can either send someone in advance or risk it. We're getting married at 8:30am, so we're just going to assume that there won't be many people there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Really good to know!!!!  Thank you so much! We too thought the morning would be the best time...cooler...and less people. I just hope there aren't any "jump ins!" Thank you!
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Mama's Fish House.  They have their own area at the beach so we don't need a permit and we don't have to worry about ppl highjacking the spot we want.  Plus, if we do your reception there as well, they don't charge  a fee to do the wedding. They are doing our wedding cake, too. It's a great deal!
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Kimmy's idea! I honestly wish we had thought of that before.

We're getting married on Makena Beach in a 'secret beach' area called Paipu beach. It's public but not crowded. We're paying $25 for a beach permit but that's the only cost associated with the location. It's only us, our parents (his two sets since his mom & dad are divorced), maybe his brother, our photographer and her husband. Since it's such a small group it didn't make sense to pay for a private venue.

We're then going to go to dinner at Sarentos on the beach post-wedding.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brea- I almost didn't think of it either.  I was getting so frustrated with how much everything was costing when we had such a small party and I didn't want to have to worry about getting the beach license.  I was about to give up and say let's just go to Vegas when Mama's and wondering if they did wedding popped into my mind. I was supper excited when I found out they did and how affordable it was.  Sure, it's not cheap to eat there, but when you have a small party and don't have to pay for the other things you can afford to pay more for the food.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!!!!! They are more than helpful. Now to narrow down the best of everything!!!! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    If you are working with a coordinator, they will get the permit for you and advise you for a location.  The permit part is usually part of their packages.  We got married at Change's beach or Polenalena (something like this) beach.  Honestly, I don't remember the public at all. I was so focused on the groom so I wouldn't be too worried about the beach being crowded.  Plus the coordinator will know what a good, less crowded beach will be at the time of day of the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CasSwanCasSwan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Makena Cove looks really nice.
  • BeardGonsalezBeardGonsalez member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gannon's!!! Affordable, restaurant on site, golfcourse grounds, and overlooking the ocean
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards