April 2012 Weddings

Planning on Selling things?

Hi ladies! I'm back from my honeymoon, wrote all of my thank you notes for my side (husband (!!!) still has a few to go) and I'm trying to figure out how to price the items I want to sell. Should I just do 50% of what I paid?

One item in particular I'm debating are the votives we used. Should I price them cheaper with the old wax still in them? And higher if I take them out? Or is that just rude and I should just sell them all clean?
We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
Anniversary

Re: Planning on Selling things?

• I would probably clean them first.
    Where are you going to sell your stuff?  I have a few extras of things that I may sell.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I would clean them out to sell them. As for selling items there is a classified section here on the knot where you can sell items. You can also add a sell tab on your bio if you have one. I would create a for sale sticky here on our board but it wouldnt really do much good since we are all pretty much married. Theres also craigslist and ebay where you can sell your items. HTH
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • I would clean them first, I would think it would be easier to sell.  I'm planning on listing a few things on Craigslist, mainly because the items I want to sell aren't really very shipping friendly (actually, there's one thing in particular I want to sell, a giant chalkboard, and I'm not paying to ship that mofo across the country. lol).  I was planning on going for 50% on most items I sell, just to get something back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I agree on cleaning them first. I also plan on selling some items. I'm going to add a tab to my website & add it to my siggy. I'll post in the classified board & also on my local board. Hopefully I can get rid of it all! 
  • I ended up cleaning them, but I'm having a hard time selling them so far! Oh well, i'll keep at it, I just want this stuff out of my apartment! It times like these I wish I lived in a house so I could have a garage sale!

We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards