Wedding Etiquette Forum

distance between church and reception

i found a possibly venue and it is 27 miles/35 minutes from church. is that to far?

Re: distance between church and reception

• It's not great, but it's not horrible either. I don't think I would have a problem with it.
  • Are you rural?  Are guests flying?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Depends on traffic as well.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I would complain, but not to your face.

However, I happen to complain a lot.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That's pushing it.  Is the time a realistic estimate given the the time of day/year that you're getting married?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_distance-between-church-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7987a76-cd92-4d3c-9726-3fabec78fcf1Post:7926f165-97d6-4341-a965-5615dbc6cfa6">Re: distance between church and reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would complain, but not to your face. However, I happen to complain a lot.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, this.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, can you provide a shuttle for guests? Change the ceremony and have it at the reception location? I wouldn't do more than 20 minutes or so apart without a shuttle, and maximum about 40 with a shuttle.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • i wouldn't be thrilled, but I wouldn't skip the reception or ceremony. It's not so far, just kinda inconvenient.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • thanks for your input. we are getting married on a saturday in march 2011. those times are from mapquest so they may be off a little. we are looking at 4 places so maybe one that is closer will be the winner :) 
  • Yeah, you have to take traffic into consideration.  Are you getting married in Baltimore? 

Out here in AR, not much would affect a trip like that, but back home in NY it's entirely dependent on traffic.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards