Attire & Accessories Forum

Modest Wedding Dresses?

Has anyone else tried to find a modest wedding gown? I know it's very popular in the Latter Day Saints members. I'm SO sick of strapless dresses.  I finally found a beautiful short sleeve dress to purchase. Anyone else on the same page??

Re: Modest Wedding Dresses?

• I also have a one shoulder, but I did look a lot of dresses with sleeves. You can add sleeves to most strapless gowns, but you may also try a shrug or bolero. My shoulder strap is detachable so I've been considering a lace shrug instead or wearing the shrug for the ceremony and the shoulder piece for the reception.
  • Yes, been there done that. I'm impressed that you found a dress with short sleeves!  I got so burnt out dress shopping since I'd start out saying I was looking for modest and sleeves, and it was a bit funny what dresses they would bring me that they felt fit into that catagory. Or how they would try to convice me to go with a sleeveless dress (since that's all they had to offer). I ended up buying a v neck dress and adding sleeves.
  • My dress has slightly thicker straps and I am wearing a beautiful handknitted mohair shrug. I hate my upper arms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • I would call mine modest. But it's tea length and that's not for everyone. It's a retro-50s sort of thing, and I got a bolero to wear with.

But in my searches I found a few places that specialize in that. Google for modest wedding dresses. A couple were stated to be Christian, but not all of them.

Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• I tried on a few strapless/ v-necks before I found mine. Definitely search online to get some ideas. Just because you want to be modest doesn't mean it has to be ugly!

(the straps are suposed to be on the shoulder, not off)

Anniversary
  • I was lucky enough to actually find a store in St. Louis specializing in modest dresses, and they are beautiful! They don't look tacky or ugly in any way!

I'm guessing more coverage will become more in style according to Kate's dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards