Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:7067832a-f998-4ce3-9892-8bd0886f35c1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally want to know who thinks im such an alcoholic I should work at a basball stadium. Im just curious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Okay. I don't think I saw that one - and I'm really sorry and I don't mean it towards you at all, just the saying in general - but that actually made me laugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:7067832a-f998-4ce3-9892-8bd0886f35c1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally want to know who thinks im such an alcoholic I should work at a basball stadium. Im just curious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Pfffftttt You know I sent that one in :P
  • I really think walking up and down those stairs would suck, but it woudl be a great workout.

Those beer guys are always so darn sweaty.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2010
    OMG. The recent callout site is nothing compared to that...

I need a palate cleanser immediately.

• Umm where is Future Mrs.?  I'm ready to fight. 

I also have a small but loving flame directed to redheadsfu - I don't like that in your sig you say "This is not legal advice."  Really?  Do you think people are going to think that?  Really?

I'll be saving my big meanie flames to the call out creator.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree Arb.  Squirrly and I had come to our conclusions by the time we found out that you were investigating too and had come to the same conclusions.  I think that says a lot.  FWIW, we told Annie everything we know and how we came to our conclusions and she said she would look into it, but we've never heard anything else.  Futuremrs is still a Mod and everything.  I guess her "knot career" isn't in much jeopardy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:7562dd57-6266-4efb-b702-3496046640a2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really think walking up and down those stairs would suck, but it woudl be a great workout. Those beer guys are always so darn sweaty.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Then its the PERFECT job for me. I could lose weight while I binge drink!
  • Dani - that's because you're associated with all things "E".  She doesn't care what any of us have to say. 

She ignores us. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:95643a23-47db-43b8-bb0c-b8d24f578968">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dani - that's because you're associated with all things "E".  She doesn't care what any of us have to say.  She ignores us. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Note that she asked SB for advice this morning.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • NEbb, it would TOTALLY cancel out.

I might apply. It's like calorie free drinking.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I understand that this antiquated forum software (*pokes it with a stick*) doesn't allow mods to view the IP addresses associated with posts, but I have no doubt -- none.  at all. -- that TK IT can do so.  If The Powers That Be wanted to know who Callout is, they would know.

• I don't have much to add, other than someone having a "knot career" (other than someone who is actually paid by The Knot) makes me laff and laff.

I had no guesses on who it was, and haven't paid that much attention to future-mrs. All I know is she must be some evil wench to have started that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:547b0f02-52cf-4395-a94d-ac57520b64fa">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Note that she asked SB for advice this morning.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!  I just said in last weeks FFF that she NEVER asks for our "advice or opinions" and today asking SB for theirs just proves my point
  • Hmm well if knottie Annie didn't come to a real conclusion doesn't that say something? If people want to single her out, well I guess that is their business but it's unwarranted without real proof.
  • Oh Stacks and Mery, don't even get me started on that issue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:e7f1bbac-9371-456e-9d51-5670ff22ac07">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Stacks and Mery, don't even get me started on that issue.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

It's just so obvious.  Don't like posters KA - that's fine.  However, there are a heck of a lot of posters in E that give good, solid advice and have great opinions and advice to share. 

Whatever.  TK loss on good input. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:6c9712ba-5afb-4d6f-ace1-1b55719242f1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand that this antiquated forum software (*pokes it with a stick*) doesn't allow mods to view the IP addresses associated with posts, but I have no doubt -- none.  at all. -- that TK IT can do so.  If The Powers That Be wanted to know who Callout is, they would know.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I used to have IP addresses enabled on comments on my freaking livejournal site, and that was about 5-7 years ago? So yes, I have no doubt that they MUST be able to figure that out somehow.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • And for the record........I'm not talking about KA not responding about Amoro - or about the call out site.  I'm talking strictly about how she shuns E as a whole and thinks we're all bad apples.  At least that's how it feels.  She never includes us the way she tries to include other boards on topics and asking for input. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:e87ee955-9047-4cff-ac45-7e1568c60084">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : It's just so obvious.  Don't like posters KA - that's fine.  However, there are a heck of a lot of posters in E that give good, solid advice and have great opinions and advice to share.  Whatever.  TK loss on good input. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I agree; that was very strange and not very smart on KA's part.  E is chock full of good people and funny anecdotes (which most of her "advice-seeking" seems to be - anecdotes for the magazine) and smart observations.   Of course, I think SB is, too, but that's neither here nor there.

I want to go to the Kansas board and ask Future Mrs about the callout site, but I am reluctant to do so because it feels like it would somehow be against TK rules and I'd get myself a ban.  Can the mods/former mods help me out - is it against the rules?   Like, would it be considered harassment or something? 
  • Annie says TK IT can't do anything with IP addresses.  So if our evidence isn't enough for you, don't expect any more from TK.  Supposedly their software just doesn't allow them to track that and it happened off the board, and it's over now.  So they won't do any more investigating than we already did. 

We basically proved it is coming from her rural area of KS.  How many posters on E and SB who consider themselves friends with regs and have a "knot career" could be from that rural area?  Anyway, if you're friends with her and want to believe it's not her, more power to ya.  I think it's pretty clear though.
  • They added something about not invading other boards or something, if I remember right.

The Margarita Evolution
  • edited September 2010
    The only reason I would discourage you from going to the Kansas board to deal with it because the people who only post on that local shouldn't have to be brought into all this as well.  FutureMrs will see this or the thread on SB at some point, and decide how to deal with it then.  Flagging her down on more boards isn't really going to speed up the process.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:36cb452f-cd8a-4ccd-aedb-fe32519ae543">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm well if knottie Annie didn't come to a real conclusion doesn't that say something? If people want to single her out, well I guess that is their business but it's unwarranted without real proof.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Maybe she just doesn't care since the site is gone.

I don't think that her choice to ignore the issue = not having enough proof.
  • own you can always send her a p.m., though i doubt she'd reply anyway
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:233a6b21-9330-48df-9a76-bc4d7ec80273Post:5e801d4b-000c-4648-9066-23833406fcd1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]They added something about not invading other boards or something, if I remember right.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Yep, after the Amoro(when she was still samente), me, um... a few other people GR invasion right? That was a hilarious week.
  • I am not friends with her. I have zero idea who she is. I though she was MrsTR at first. I just think this is a little premature and unfair  but whatever. If people want a start a witch hunt so be it.
  • I know this sounds all conspiracy theorist of me, but the kind of drama that drives posters to GBCK is bad for business whereas the kind of drama that has us F5ing through threads is good for business.  In this respect, the callout site was good for business. 

I guess it isn't that hard for me to see why TK is officially uninterested: clicks and ad revenue are highest when we're (1) welcoming of new posters (thus encouraging them to become regs themselves!) and (2)  constantly talking.  It's volume of posts and page views -- not the quality of the content they contain -- that drives business in this industry.
  • Rick's it's REALLY funny to me when you say premature in your post and then I'm looking at a huge wiener. Like...really funny. :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • I know Fishy. I keep making boner and ball references without realizing it, well except for my thread on SB.
  • Ricks weiner is disturbing and semi NSFW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards