Snarky Brides

TMI maybe?

2»

Re: TMI maybe?

• I would be annoyed, most definitely.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • What time does Pet Smart close? My whole town shuts down by 9, so that seems really late.
  • He's better about not bringing them home :) He works more with the products and getting the store looking correctly over the animals so it's also easier for him to not get attached. When I had to feed them every day it was far too easy to get attached to all of their ways.

I actually sold him Diamond when we both worked out of the same store. She HATED me and would always pee on me and bite me so I wanted to get her out of the store so I didn't have to deal with her. Yeah, that plan worked out well :) Now she loves me.
  • Ha! It's funny how those things work out. You and Scott sound like two peas in a pod (and I sound like an old lady).

• The stores close at 9 but it generally takes 1 hour to count out all the cash, put the animals to bed and straighten up after the day. I used to have to close the store on Saturdays and I wouldn't leave the building until midnight, then have to be back at 8am the next day. The worst is during the holidays when the store is open until 10. Plus managers have to work 6 days a week from Nov 1st until Jan 1st which just sucks ass.
  • I just figured out why my face freaked the fuuck out this week.  Wow. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Good old hormones.

I don't know what my body is doing this month. I thought I got my period yesterday but then it went away (but it wasn't like the MC so it wasn't that) but it's not due for another week anyways. I think my funky summer eating/not eating isn't helping things.

My cat is snoring...loudly enough that she woke up the dog and I can hear her across the room. Oh animals...
  • I got my period at 9.  That in itself was traumatic.  I loved having to carry pads in my cute little bookbag (sarcasam).  I'm really hoping my kids don't develop as quickly as me. 

I went without a period for 2.5 years.  It was good for me because in order to get my migraine disorder under control they needed to control the migraines without me having effects from getting a period.  About a year and half ago I started taking the placebo pills again and still never got a period.  Throughout this whole time I was terrified I'd possibly get preggers and wouldn't know it since I wasn't getting a period....yay monthly pregnancy tests.  In March I went off BC completely.....we're thinking of TTC in about a year or a year and half so I want to get my body kinda back to normal.
  • edited August 2010
    [QUOTE]I don't really care about gender.  A good doctor is a good doctor.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Same.

And sorry, NS. That is sucky :^(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:aca59dca-2580-4e06-a08d-8786a057b0cc">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really care about gender.  A good doctor is a good doctor.
    <p>Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Indeed. Although, I will say, last time I had an ultrasound on the lumps in my breasts was particularly awkward because it was a guy about my age (who seemed awkward!) conducting said investigation.</p>
  • I was nine when I had my first period too. It was terrible! I really feel like I've been dealing with this forever.

If you're still around, NS, I'd like to know a little more about your charting method. I'm thinking about going off BC because I hate it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:bed5e514-574e-4c31-8dec-0e50adb81f31">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I got my period at 9.</strong>  That in itself was traumatic.  I loved having to carry pads in my cute little bookbag (sarcasam).  I'm really hoping my kids don't develop as quickly as me.  I went without a period for 2.5 years.  It was good for me because in order to get my migraine disorder under control they needed to control the migraines without me having effects from getting a period.  About a year and half ago I started taking the placebo pills again and still never got a period.  Throughout this whole time I was terrified I'd possibly get preggers and wouldn't know it since I wasn't getting a period....yay monthly pregnancy tests.  In March I went off BC completely.....we're thinking of TTC in about a year or a year and half so I want to get my body kinda back to normal.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

Ditto. And I had f*cked up issues with it for years until they put me on BC at 13.  12 years later I'm finally off.
  • Hey Fever.  What do you want to know?  I'm using a basal body temperature thermometer and taking my temperature every day at the same time.  This method can be used to conceive or to avoid.  If you're interested you should read taking charge of your fertility.  It's called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  We do still use condoms because I haven't figured out cervical mucus yet. 
    my read shelf:
  • I am going to go off BC in September, I have an appt. with my OBGYN in October, so I am sure we will talk about all that temperature stuff. 
    I got my period once when I was 17, and didn't have it again for another 6months later....I had my period only 3 times before I went on BC at 18.  Now I am regular, I am really curious to see what happens when I go off BC.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:3d491368-91d5-4468-a68e-c3ac38571f98">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Fever.  What do you want to know?  I'm using a basal body temperature thermometer and taking my temperature every day at the same time.  This method can be used to conceive or to avoid.  If you're interested you should read taking charge of your fertility.  It's called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  We do still use condoms because I haven't figured out cervical mucus yet. 
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

I should read that book. That's a good tip. FI's not a fan of condoms. But I'm not a big of BCP. So we need to work something out. I even considered/am considering an IUD. But I think charting is a good method. I think we'll give it a shot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • A late note to this thread, but I just wanted to second or forth the thing about not staying on BC for years and years no matter how "okay" they tell you it is. I did it for 7 years (hey, two Doctors said I could!) if I shared my experiences of coming off of that, I would probably kill half the list with the TMI.

It was ugly.

Oh, and I also do not care re the gender of the Doctor. A lot of my family works in Health care. I think of the Doctor like talking my car into the shop, practically. Odd as that may sound.
  • ugh I am super late to the party so I am assuming this thread is dead.. but jut in case.. I am going into my 8th year on the pill and will probably stay on it for another 4. My doc claims thats fine but now you ladies have me terrified... I went on it when H and I got together when we were 18 and we dont want kids for another few years.....

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:fabe5ee9-67c2-4ae1-ac94-34fda3a3e415">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh I am super late to the party so I am assuming this thread is dead.. but jut in case.. I am going into my 8th year on the pill and will probably stay on it for another 4. My doc claims thats fine but now you ladies have me terrified... I went on it when H and I got together when we were 18 and we dont want kids for another few years.....
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

If you have been on it 8 years, I am thinking more years will not matter because coming off of it at this point is going to be no less difficult-or easy for you if you do it now or go another four years. I am sure from a long term medical point of view, it is all good because they have years of research to back that up. If I were you, though I would arrange a nice week off of work around the time you go off of it just in case you are one of the unlucky ones with "withdrawl".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:fabe5ee9-67c2-4ae1-ac94-34fda3a3e415">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh I am super late to the party so I am assuming this thread is dead.. but jut in case.. I am going into my 8th year on the pill and will probably stay on it for another 4. My doc claims thats fine but now you ladies have me terrified... I went on it when H and I got together when we were 18 and we dont want kids for another few years.....
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I was on for over 10 years and I've had no major issues coming off of it.  I was extremely irregular prior to ever starting and I had the fear it would continue now, but I've been pretty close to perfect since stopping.  It took about 6 months of strange breakouts (never had acne before), getting hot/cold, and feeling a bit moody - but now I have no issues, and the ones I did have were mild. Don't be terrified - every body is different.
  • Fever, I think your FI will get over it when you say condom or no sex as his two options.
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tmi-maybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:235bcf06-088f-4b9f-aa64-deeb77e1a039Post:40a61d2f-9d24-42cc-92f1-cc9dc66f2598">Re: TMI maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI maybe? : I was on for over 10 years and I've had no major issues coming off of it.  I was extremely irregular prior to ever starting and I had the fear it would continue now, but I've been pretty close to perfect since stopping.  It took about 6 months of strange breakouts (never had acne before), getting hot/cold, and feeling a bit moody - but now I have no issues, and the ones I did have were mild. Don't be terrified - every body is different.
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was on for 3 years and besides the return of my pre-bc cramps I was pretty regular right off the bat.

MIAF definitely read TCOYF. It's amazing what we don't know about our bodies and how they work. Fertilityfriend.com is also a good one for electronic charting.

I think a bunch of are charting at this point, so if anyone has questions I would say feel free to make a thread :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards