Wedding Invitations & Paper

Back Envelope Flap on Invites

How do you put return address on invitations if the back flap has a design? Our envelopes are white, but they have a dark brown and gold swirl that is only on the flap and covers the whole thing. Any ideas? We want to use a stamp for the return address on RSVPs but this won't show on the flap.
Wedding Countdown Ticker edited

Re: Back Envelope Flap on Invites

• Could you put it in the upper left hand corner of the front side of the envelope?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • chalfacrechalfacre member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_back-envelope-flap-on-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:a70618f4-9f70-41b7-a8ea-0cf632e0a5a2Post:2c556d47-51f2-42cd-aeca-5cf7ea0cf624">Re: Back Envelope Flap on Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you put it in the upper left hand corner of the front side of the envelope?
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes, I suppose that's my only option, but Is that okay to do? I know everyone says to put it on the back, so just wanted to make sure of proper etiquette.

</div>
  • I think it's fine. I think it looks less "cluttered" when you put it on the back, but since that isn't possible it sounds like, I think the left hand corner would be fine. That would be preferable to not having a return address at all--we had about 3 or 4 get returned to us because we didn't have the guest's most current address. This way we were at least able to know they did't get the invite, contact them and re-mail.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    The post office actually prefers it to be in the upper left hand corner for ease of returning lost letters.  The back flap thing is really more of a tradition - idea is you get a letter, and you find out who it is from when you turn it over to open it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Summer2011, I think people put the return address on the back so it's less cluttered but there's no "rule" that it shouldn't go on the front.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Thanks for the responses!
  • I think it wouldn't ruin anything even if you place a return address there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards