Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

whats a good price for photo and video?

So I got a price of $4,000 for photo and videographer, includes pics getting ready, ceremony, beach shots and reception. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I want a good memory of my wedding, any suggestions? I live in queens, new york.

Re: whats a good price for photo and video?

• edited December 2011
    It's really going to be relative to your location. I am in central PA and the price you mentioned sounds about average from what I've been quoted for both of those services combined. I would look at a few other photo/video vendors in your area for a price comparison and base your decision off what each package includes compared to the price. HTH
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! That is about average for most weddings across the country. We travel to lots of places across the country and know lot of photographers across the country that charge about the same rate for just photography. So including the video too is a great deal.
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many hours of coverage does this price include?
    Do you get the rights to the digital files?  How many photos will you receive?
    Do you get any prints and/or albums with that?

For the video - is it HD?  Is it raw footage or edited?  Is there an edited photo montage or wedding recap set to music included with the video?

You might want to check and see just what is included in the price they quoted you.

You should also go to your local board or whatever location your wedding will be and ask some other brides if this is the going rate.  And also ask for reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    $4000 in your location is a good price. Check out all the details on what you exactly get for this...how many hours, photo album, digital files, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I just paid 2600 but that was with Bella Photography. I know some people dont like them but they have alot of great reviews too. We just couldnt afford any more than that. We really didnt want to even spend that much! lol. Bella is running a promotion right now for 50% off videography if you book photography. I thought it was an awesome deal. We get 6 hrs of both photography and videography, all of our digital negatives, 200 dollars worth of print credit, and as many locations as we need them to go. I couldnt get that anywhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all your help ladies heres the package they offered, im getting 600 photos/proofs (to keep), one album magazine style using 70 images, 6 eight by elevens and one big photo (dont remember size), photo thank you cards and an editied dvd (3 copies with cases). they also will be with me all day!  And I get access to their website to also view my proofs online with the use of a password that i can give to friends and family to use so they can see proofs. What do u think? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards