September 2013 Weddings

Color feedback

How does everyone feel about navy blue as a wedding color with black tuxes?  I love navy blue but I am not sure if it matches with a black tux.....what does everyone think?  Thanks in advance for your help
?Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.?

Re: Color feedback

• I used David's Bridal Marine blue with black tuxes.  It looked great.  The trick is to put your navy blue against the black tuxes to ensure that there is sufficient difference in the two colors.  If there wasn't sufficient difference, we would have gone with charcoal grey. 
  • Navy blue is also one of my colors ! We are going with navy blue, green, and yellow. Table clothes will be navy blue, BM dresses will be like a kiwi green color.

I had the same thought as you, thats why we went with green for the dresses and tux accents (vest, tie, etc). I didnt like the black tux with navy blue dresses. Too close for me !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My color is navy as well. I am thinking about charcoal grey tuxes for the boys myself, but nothing set in stone.
  • We're the same as all the rest of you ladies. Eric really wants black tuxes but I'm convinced the blue is going to clash too much so I'd like a dark grey. I told him it's his decision though. We're going to compare color swatches and see what looks best.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friend did the navy blue from Davids Bridal with black tuxes from Men's Warehouse. It seriously looked completely fine, and I thought it was very elegant. I'll see if I can turn up a group picture to post.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards