Connecticut

What are you giving your BM/GM as gifts?

Hi Ladies:

I'm trying to get some ideas for the BM/GM gifts. I'm thinking the jewelry for the BM.  If you are giving/gave jewelry, where did you purchase it?

So what are you all giving as BM/GM gifts?

Thanks.
Patti

Re: What are you giving your BM/GM as gifts?

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sure they'd like jewelry. I've been told the best way to shop for wedding party gifts is as if it were their birthday - they don't have to be matching gifts or anything, but maybe along the same theme?  Like different necklaces for each, depending on their own style/personality?

I only have my brother - he's my brother-of-honor.  And I think I'll probably get him and his girlfriend a weekend getaway at a local B&B or something.

Anniversary

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The biggest thing that is mentioned on these boards is that if the jewelery is meant to be worn at the wedding, then it's not really a gift but an accessory to their mandatory outfit.

I gave my BM's a matching earring and necklace set and didn't tell them they needed to wear them for the wedding, but they all did. I purchased them from an Etsy seller (info in my planning bio). I also gave them initial wine glasses since we all got together at a local winery to do a wine tasting after I selected my wedding party. I purchased the initials and dots also from an Etsy seller and put them on wine glasses I purchased at Target.

I also treated all the girls to mani/pedis the day before the wedding and gave my MOH a scrapbook of us over the years as her extra present since she was my MOH. After the wedding, I sent them each a framed picture of us at the wedding in a frame that says "The Girls".
  • pprendipprendi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute ideas!

• klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my girls a wristlet from Coach in their favorite colors, a cute purse hanger, and also a necklace even though I don't count that since it is for the wedding. I am also paying for their hair to be done, even though that doesn't really count, either.
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_giving-bmgm-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:2961a340-2694-4957-b58c-284619b37f8bPost:b90ede53-4158-461b-b3c6-dc55733a772c">Re: What are you giving your BM/GM as gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The biggest thing that is mentioned on these boards is that if the jewelery is meant to be worn at the wedding, then it's not really a gift but an accessory to their mandatory outfit. I gave my BM's a matching earring and necklace set and didn't tell them they needed to wear them for the wedding, but they all did. I </strong>purchased them from an Etsy seller (info in my planning bio). I also gave them initial wine glasses since we all got together at a local winery to do a wine tasting after I selected my wedding party. I purchased the initials and dots also from an Etsy seller and put them on wine glasses I purchased at Target. <strong>I also treated all the girls to mani/pedis the day before the wedding</strong> and gave my MOH a scrapbook of us over the years as her extra present since she was my MOH. After the wedding, I sent them each a framed picture of us at the wedding in a frame that says "The Girls".
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing.

I also bought the girls pashminas, because I got married in March and didn't want them to freeze.
  • LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting the guys Capcatchers from http://www.capcatchers.com They're really cool, we think they'll love them! Still working on the girls.
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving each of the  girls a Coach Wristlet. I'm also giving them a damask duffel bag that I found on the Knot, with their name on it. I'm going to fill it with things they might ned for the day of the wedding like cosmetics, hair spray, lotion ,etc. I'm also going to get my MOH something else but I haven't decided what yet.

We're getting the guys a t-shirt of their favorite NFL teams with their name and "11" on the back for the year we got married . We'll also be getting them a personalized  beer mug and their favorite alochol.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving them each a mini-mergency kit that I got from msandmrs.com, earrings I bought on Etsy (that they can choose to wear for the wedding or not), and rollable flats.  If I can find a cute clutch or something, I will also throw that in. 
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls are all getting different things... I shopped for them like it's their birthday and none of their gifts are wedding-related.

bm 1 - michele watch
    bm 2 - coach tote
    bm 3 - kindle
    bm 4 - judith ripka bracelet
    bm 5 (moh) - tiffany necklace

I spent around $200 on each girl which I think is a little more than others spend but these women are my best friends in the world and have done so much for me over the years and for the wedding that I really wanted to get them something nice.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided yet, but here are the ideas we've been throwing around

For the girls:
    -Coach or Vera Bradley wristlet
    -Personalized tote bag
    -Earrings
    -Gift cards to their favorite store
    -Plush robes
    -Personalized travel mugs/tumblers

For the guys:
    -Engraved beer mug or glass
    -Personalized money clip
    -Personalized cooler
    -Personalized gym bag/duffel bag
    -Gift cards
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my girls their wedding day jewelry, a bottle of wine, and make-up bags from Coach. For the boys we got them engraved portable coolers with bottle openers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BMs - Spa Robe and bath stuff - Thank You for my Shower

Earrings
    Lip Gloss
    Land's End Tote Bags
    Hanky Pankies
    Fit in Clouds Sparkly Flats
    Pashminas
    And bought their shoes

I also got MOH a Tejani bangle that she picked out.

GMs -
    Thomas Pink Cufflinks
    Ties
    Pottery Barn Engraved glass with fav Baseball or Football team
    Bottle of Favortie Booze

Pics in Bio
  • gem6240gem6240 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls a few things, but I LOVE the earrings I bought for them.... Theyre from Onyx jewelers in Watertown.  They are amazing there and can make just about anything.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to go coach wristlets, but when I hit the outlet with the 30% off coupon, I got a really good deal on bigger bags.  So each of my girls got a different bag that I thought matched their style.  All of them use the ones I got them on a regular basis.

I have pics of the different styles in my bio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards