Wedding Party
Options

Wedding Party info on Website

Hi all.  About 90% of the people coming to our wedding will be from out of town.  And most of them will not know each other. I'm thinking about putting my MOH and BMs email addresses on my website (but will ask them first!) so that if people want to ask questions about the registry, what's nearby, etc., they can contact them.  Do you think it would be rude to ask this of them?  I really could use the extra help. 

Re: Wedding Party info on Website

• Options
    Honestly, if I was a guest of your wedding and I had a question about what is around town I would ask you directly, not your MOH or BM. 

And as your MOH I would not be too thrilled getting a number of emails from people I don't know asking about wedding details and then feel I have to respond but would need to check with you to make sure that this is someone you know, that is invited to the wedding, and what you would want me to tell them.

I think as long as you put plenty of information and links to good websites on your webpage and in your invites (except registry info) then your guests will be fine.  Many times when people travel to an area that they are unfamiliar with they tend to do their own research before leaving.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-info-on-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e9adcebe-1074-4f04-bb2b-561e37a2dc3ePost:7aa08c48-eddd-4808-84de-7cb8860d16a5">Wedding Party info on Website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all.  About 90% of the people coming to our wedding will be from out of town.  And most of them will not know each other. I'm thinking about putting my MOH and BMs email addresses on my website (but will ask them first!) so that if people want to ask questions about the registry, what's nearby, etc., they can contact them.  Do you think it would be rude to ask this of them?  I really could use the extra help. 
    Posted by StevieSquaw[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea.  Put your registry information and local attractions, restaurants etc. on your wedding website and don't ask your MOH and BMs to act as your personal secretaries.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I see the points of the PP above, but I also think it depends on your circle and whether or not everyone is acquainted at all with your BM or MOH. Both of ours are our friends from preschool, so they know our families, etc. I think you should definitely put as much info as you can on the website to reduce the need for questions, but if your MOH and BM want to be more involved, I don't see what the problem is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I would never even consider asking anyone other than the couple questions about the wedding.  Honestly, your guests aren't even going to care who your attendants are, let alone try to track them down to ask questions.  They're also likely not going to be checking out the wedding website that much, either.  Presumably they're adults and have managed out-of-town travel before.

ETA: I should mention that we had a destination wedding at a location to which many of the guests had never been, AND we did our RSVPs through the website, and still very few of our guests looked at it beyond the itinerary page.  I've never once looked at the website for a wedding I've attended.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I wouldn't. As others have said, the point of a wedding website is to put this info on the website itself. We had a page with hotel info, local attractions and nearby restaurants, with addresses and phone numbers listed for each. There's also Google and GPS that people can use to navigate places and find out info about locations.

Don't make your MOH and BM deal with fielding e-mails about your wedding. If guests truly do have questions, say about your hotel block or something, they will probably much rather go right to the source anyhow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I think it might be a better idea to just put registry and nearby attractions tabs on your website.
  • Options
    Carson386Carson386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In honestly wouldn't put them on there. If you want to have contact information for questions that may come up, I'd create an email account specifically for wedding stuff. I created an email account through g-mail that I'm using just for wedding things, that way I'm not getting a bunch of wedding things in my regular e-mail. I personally wouldn't ask people other than the bride or groom if I had questions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Options
    I think the only people who you may want to talk to about giving out their emails if for the BMs to each other. If they are from different areas then they could email or facebook each other to get to know each other before the wedding, but only if THEY wanted to do that. Otherwise I agree with everyone else here that you should just put up information about stuff in the area on your wedding website. The only things I am putting about my BM/GM on our website is their first name and maybe 2 or 3 sentences about how we know them.

I hadn't thought about the idea from Carson386, but creating a separate wedding email account does sound like an interesting idea. You might want to try that. Then you won't flood your normal inbox, AND you'll always know where to find the wedding stuff if you need to look into something or get back to it later.
  • Options
    I think the only people who you may want to talk to about giving out their emails if for the BMs to each other. If they are from different areas then they could email or facebook each other to get to know each other before the wedding, but only if THEY wanted to do that. Otherwise I agree with everyone else here that you should just put up information about stuff in the area on your wedding website. The only things I am putting about my BM/GM on our website is their first name and maybe 2 or 3 sentences about how we know them.

I hadn't thought about the idea from Carson386, but creating a separate wedding email account does sound like an interesting idea. You might want to try that. Then you won't flood your normal inbox, AND you'll always know where to find the wedding stuff if you need to look into something or get back to it later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards