New Jersey

Vendor Reviews (Very Long Post)

Venue- The Graycliff (A+++) Everything was wonderful. Every time I called and asked a question someone was right there to answer it.  They were really friendly and easy to work with.  During our final menu selection we even got some free upgrades: we paid for the smaller menu and they gave us more selection from the grand wedding menu.  On the day of the wedding they found out about the fire and asked what they could do to help us.  The helped call all of our vendors and reroute them to my sister’s house.

We used Graycliff in house vendors for photos, video and DJ. We booked as a package deal.

DJ- Alex from Ultimate Entertainment (A+++) Alex was great to work with.  He’s so friendly and nice.  He got married the week before we did and even postponed his HM to do our wedding. He had great pacing and a feel for the crowd.  I highly recommend him.

Photographer- Corin Liljedahl-Skinner (A+++) (so far, pending final photos) 2 weeks before our wedding we found out our photographer got fired and Corin was his replacement.  We didn’t know what to expect but that close out you take what’s available.  I can’t say enough good things about Corin.  I called her at 8am to tell her about the change of plans and she was very understanding.  She even showed up ½ early to make sure we got all of our photos in. 

Videographer- Evan Solof (A+++) (pending final video) When we booked our video I thought he would only be there for the ceremony so I didn’t call him to change the time and place.  Much to my surprise he showed up at my sister’s house for in home video and went to the park with us.  He was very nice and unintrusive, which is very important for a videographer.  He worked extremely fast. At the end of the night he had a fully edited highlight video that was played before the final song.  Everyone still talks about how great the video was.

Flowers- Lyndhurst Florist (A) David at Lyndhurst florist was a pleasure to work with.  We gave him a budget and he came within $70 of it.  There were 3 minor reasons why they don’t get + signs. 1) They forgot the flower ball in the initial price and I had to pay extra 2 weeks before. It was only $30 but I thought it was included. 2) The MOH bouquet was supposed to be larger and slightly different from the BMs but it wasn’t. 3) They used different flowers than we talked about in the centerpieces.  They looked beautiful and everyone raved about them but they were not what we talked about or what I was expecting.  They were supposed to use hydrangeas and instead used carnations and daises.

Limo- Santos (A+) Santos limo was excellent.  They were very understanding about us having to change the photo times and locations the morning of the wedding.  They arrived early and even sent us an upgraded party bus.  We got a roomy 28 passenger instead of the 22 we ordered.

Cake- Palarmo’s (A) Cake was included in our Graycliff package.  Cake looked beautiful and all three flavors tasted great.  They lose + signs because their upcharges were high. They wanted 1k for fondant! We didn’t go for it but were charged $400 for crystals and some color accents.

Bagpiper- Mike Lyons (A+++) We were lucky to find a bag piper for a reasonable price on St. Patty’s Day.  He showed up early and did everything I asked including hiding from the crowd and making a grand entrance on the stairs while playing.

Dresses- Alfred Angelo (A) I got my gown, BM dresses and FG dress from the AA store in Cherry Hill.  The dresses were beautiful and we didn’t have any problems with them.  My major problem with them is although they were all ordered at the same time they came in at different times so we had to make the 2 hour drive 4 times because they woun’t hold the dresses.

Tuxes- The Tux Shop (C-) The only vendor we had issues with.  DH tux didn’t fit properly, the shirt was too short, they gave him an open back vest so he had to keep his jacket on all night and his pants were broken.  When he asked about the vest they said it’s because of the color he ordered.  If they told me that when we ordered I would have went with a different color.  My uncle’s pants didn’t fit and he kept having to pick them up all night long.  They gave the RB a man’s tie so he had to tuck it into his pants or else it showed below the jacket.  When we returned the tuxes they were supposed to give back $10 each and they didn’t!  I don’t want to have a fight about $60 but I’m kinda annoyed about it.  This is my only vendor I wouldn’t recommend.

Hair/Makeup- Ricky's Revolver Salon Hoboken (A+++) They were the only reasonable salon in Hoboken.  They only charged $80 for hair and makeup. They opened the salon at 8:30 am just for us and even brough in extra people from their NYC salon to make sure everything got done on time.  They were very nice and even got us breakfast when they heard about what happened.  They did a great job.  Everything looked great and lasted all night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Vendor Reviews (Very Long Post)

• Forgot our officiant-

April Beer (A+++)- April wrote an amazing customized ceremony.  Everyone talks about how beautiful and personal it was.  She is very friendly and easy to work with.  She took our idea of an Irish wedding and made it come to life.  She even found unique ways to include our moms in the ceremony.

• shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Flowers- Lyndhurst Florist (A) David at Lyndhurst florist was a pleasure to work with. We gave him a budget and he came within $70 of it. There were 3 minor reasons why they don’t get + signs. 1) They forgot the flower ball in the initial price and I had to pay extra 2 weeks before. It was only $30 but I thought it was included. 2) The MOH bouquet was supposed to be larger and slightly different from the BMs but it wasn’t. 3) They used different flowers than we talked about in the centerpieces. They looked beautiful and everyone raved about them but they were not what we talked about or what I was expecting. They were supposed to use hydrangeas and instead used carnations and daises.

I would get a refund, there is a significant price difference from hydrangeas to carnations and daisy poms
    A hydrange stem runs $5.99-$6.99 a stem while a carn runs $1.50-$1.75 a stem and a daisy pom around $2.49
  • Cake- Palarmo’s (A) Cake was included in our Graycliff package.   Cake looked beautiful and all three flavors tasted great.   They lose + signs because their upcharges were high. They wanted 1k for fondant! We didn’t go for it but were charged $400 for crystals and some color accents.

Tuxes- The Tux Shop (C-) The only vendor we had issues with.   DH tux didn’t fit properly, the shirt was too short, they gave him an open back vest so he had to keep his jacket on all night and his pants were broken.   When he asked about the vest they said it’s because of the color he ordered.   If they told me that when we ordered I would have went with a different color.   My uncle’s pants didn’t fit and he kept having to pick them up all night long.   They gave the RB a man’s tie so he had to tuck it into his pants or else it showed below the jacket.   When we returned the tuxes they were supposed to give back $10 each and they didn’t!   I don’t want to have a fight about $60 but I’m kinda annoyed about it.   This is my only vendor I wouldn’t recommend.  

What a bummer...I was planning on taking my FI to the Tux Shop this weekend. Considering he's a big guy, I'm fearful that they wont accomodate.

My venue uses Palermo's too...I guess I won't be using crystals and color accents! LOL
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_vendor-reviews-very-long-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9968e7a3-3d61-4e77-a22a-fe5b11205c56Post:64ac31ba-8d7b-4b5d-aa76-f777d46d5efe">Re: Vendor Reviews (Very Long Post)</a>:
    [QUOTE]   What a bummer...I was planning on taking my FI to the Tux Shop this weekend. Considering he's a big guy, I'm fearful that they wont accomodate. My venue uses Palermo's too...I guess I won't be using crystals and color accents! LOL
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]

Your FI appears to be about the same size as DH. I think he's going to have the same problem with the open vest.  As for the cake it was included in our package but I wanted something more than plain white buttercream.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards