African American Weddings

MAKEUP ARTIST/TIMELINE QUESTION

I need some information concerning make up artists. I am getting ready to start trying to make a decision on who to hire & I am wondering, does just one make up artist do all of the make up for everyone ? WeI have 5 bridesmaids,  one Groomswoman, plus myself and I also wanted to have my mother'a & my FMIL's make up done as well. How long should it take do do makeup for this many ladies ? Do they normally bring assistants or more than one make up artist for this many women ( 9 total). I am trying to figure out my timeline/schedule for the day & want to know what is a reasonable amount of time for this? 

Also is the airbrush makeup really worth the extra cost? We are doing a First look & do plan to take wedding party photos in the French Quarter area prior to the ceremony, so I am thinking we need makeup that will last all day, but it seems a little bit pricey especially because I have so many ladies. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MAKEUP ARTIST/TIMELINE QUESTION

• You definitely sound like you need at least 2 MUAs. Im sure they have assistants when its a large group like yours. You definitely should call around and see what they can accommodate for you. What time is the ceremony starting ?
  • I would say 3 MUA, 3 ladies a piece. I would say at least 3-4 hours to get everyone completed. 45-1hr each person.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I woluld say 2-3. Someone should be solely working on your face/hair and 2 ppl on them
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_makeup-artisttimeline-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8460359a-14d4-4740-96ed-9ded2f88ca80Post:cf7b6451-3672-412a-90dc-95c076e709e1">Re:MAKEUP ARTIST/TIMELINE QUESTION</a>:
    [QUOTE]You definitely sound like you need at least 2 MUAs. Im sure they have assistants when its a large group like yours. You definitely should call around and see what they can accommodate for you. What time is the ceremony starting ?
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ceremony starts at 5:30P </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • with a ceremony starting at 5:30....id start no later than 10am to also give you time for the first look photos..
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • I have a total of 10 in my party. I recently asked my MUA about all of this b/c I'm working on a day-of schedule. She is bringing 1 assistant (so 2 MUAs) & estimated that our group would take 3-4 hrs. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards